The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Introduction

Hi, my name is Marcel, and I'm a VR-4aholic. I'm 25, and I live in Everett WA, and this past weekend I was driving to Boise ID to meet up with a friend to go camping at Saddleback Lakes in the Sawtooth Mountains. I stopped near Yakima to fill up my tank when a guy came up to me and told me about this site. Sorry, I don't remember his name, but he said that he drag races vr-4's and that he was on his way to Ohio to meet up with another member.

This is only my second car. My first car was a 1990 Honda Accord that I had for about 7 years. the only things I have done to my VR-4 so far is the clutch, flywheel, master and slave cylinders, spark plugs and wires, an oil catch can, and changed the fuel filter. It has about 185k miles on it. I bought it from an older guy named Kurt from Portland. I was planning on rebuilding the motor this summer, but I was just laid off so I have to keep my spending under control for now.

My eventual goal for my car is to get it in the 3-400hp range, and make it handle like no other. I love to drive fast over mountain passes, and on the back road twisties, which I found out that Idaho has some awsome roads. I love having AWD. This past winter I got about a foot of snow, and was laughing at all of the big 4x4's getting stuck on a flat street in front of my house, and all of the other big SUV's that I saw in a ditch as I was coming home from a day of snowboarding. Also all of the nice expensive cars that were spinning their wheels and not going anywhere at a green light. I had a lot of fun driving those nights with the streets all to myself.

I only know some basic information about these cars, but I have seen that there is an overwhelming amount of information on this site. I am sure that any question I will have has already been asked numerous times, so I will be sure to do my research, and learn as much as I can. I know that I have gotten myself into a moneypit, but I know that it will be worth it in the end. So if anyone has any quick pointers, what to look out for, or what to avoid, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this lengthy post. I'm sure it will be a long time before I make another post since all of the information I will need is just a few searches away.

throughfaith323

welcome to the board.. very clean car accept that messup in the back :/ . do you plan on fixing it?

do you have any experience with a 4g63t/know what it it? just checking so we all have a better idea of how to help you and what not. everyone starts somewhere so don't feel bad if you don't. we were all there at one point.

-ed

Rausch

Nice to see another one in, what seem to be, good hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif There is TONS of info here, and if you can't find something, or just need a little clarification, post away!

Also very nice to see your able to capitalize and punctuate, always a plus around here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cspetros

This is one of the most well written introductions I have ever read. It is nice to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Do not hesitate to start posting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I am a fan of the 1992 style tail lights. Your car looks great.

Welcome to the board.

The only thing I know about the 4g63t is that it is better to have the 6 bolt, which I have, because it has a stronger bottom end with bigger rods. The 7 bolt had problems with crankwalking. This motor was used by Mitsubishi for a long time, so there has been a lot of development for it. It's a good motor capable of high hp, and I'm hoping that with a little research it shouldn't be to hard to find parts for, and to tune.

Since I would like to keep this car for the rest of my life, I do plan on fixing everything. I want to bring this car back to better than new condition. I just want to make sure that the car is mechanically sound before I start on the cosmetics. If I ever get hired back on at Boeing I want to take some welding courses, and a composites course so that I could possibly start making some parts. This is going to be a very long term project for me. I want to make sure that I do it right. Also my friends 85 Carolla has been up on blocks taking up all of the garage space the past 2 years, and it is still down to bare metal with a ton of work to be done. I could never go without my car for that long. So I will continue to save money, and collect parts until I am ready for the rebuild.

Woosky117

welcome to the board! and the guys here are great, i started here a few months ago, and they have been helping me on my rebuild every step of the way.
i love the black car! and those tails are nice. same ones i have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

actualy with all the help ive been getting from the guys here, my car will be running tomorrow! (i hope)
after almost two years of my engine blowing, it will finaly be done! and all thanks to these guys here!

good luck with your build! i know it will go well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fivestardsm

Welcome!

Contact iceman69510 so that he can put your car info in the Registry

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned