The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intercooler size question?

EgonOlsen

Since all the knowledge is here, hopefully I get some choices I can use.

Im looking for FMIC choices if I want to keep the bumper and not cutting it at all. besides the stock one ofc.
I never plan to make more than 300hk.

So what do you use when not cutting the bumpersupport?

EgonOlsen

Yeah, kinda like what I found as well: This

I wondered if you could use THIS upside down and a 1g J-pipe to run the drivers side underneath?

SSGdave

looks to be the same size as the one in my car right now (have a bigger 1G core waiting to go in)
When I first got the car it had the USDM bumper cover and a non modified USDM inpact bumper. it fit in there just fine.

Last edited:

jcrimboli

I came across this when I picked up an intercooler that was said to be a stockie off of the Evo 8 (turns out it wasnt). However, the one in this thread is and the OP seems to have used mostly OEM DSM parts to tuck it neatly behind the bumper without excessive hacking.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned