The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

nut and bolt size question, front bumper support

hey all, quick question, i'm getting ready to remount my front bumper support (modifying it to fit over the aftermarket (BIG) intercooler the previous owner put on the car, and i realized i don't have the bolts or the nuts to do so... anyone know what size (length, diameter, thread pitch) mounting bolts and nuts i'll need?

thanks,
mike

SmoothCustomer

Bolts and nuts are 14mm 1.00 pitch. I don't know the length. Sorry. I know they don't have to be long though/must clear the lights. Probably the shortest bolt at the hardware store unless it's incredibly short.

awesome, thanks! i'm guessing that's a pretty fine thread? and i'll just pick up some washers with it, to make sure they clear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GVR4_1057

14MM is the wrench size. The bolt is a 10MM diameter and if memory serves they are a 1.25 pitch.

donniekak

Go to the ecology salvage yard just south of vanburen on 27th ave. There is a 1992 galant vr4 there 991/1000. It's almost complete.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned