The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Inter-changable Parts Between VR-4's and standard Galants

I would like to know what body parts are interchangeable between the standard Galants and VR-4s.

Yeah thats really what I need to know. They look the same but /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

MitchooO

I know all 4 doors do...i pulled them form no name galant es/plain jane and thats whats on mine now! just need some finess for lining up yet but they fit good! as for bumpers/ fenders, im not sure.

Fever

Fits everything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifBumpers, doors, fenders, hood, trunk, lights, windows. Both of these have the same chassis. BUT there is some problems with sedans ant hatchbacks. Hatchback has "lower" roof, so doors and windows wont fit properly.
EDIT: Some bumpers has different fitment, i mean some types of them need to redo mounting points on the bumper. But i think its between EUDM/USDM/JDM, not VR4/non VR4

Last edited:

curtis

If you have a front mount IC the front bumper is out. It radius's back to far

fuel

the rear bumper from a 4WD model wont fit a 2WD model, and vice versa as the floorpan from the rear seat back is different to accommodate the diff and fuel tank under the spare wheel. Front guards, hoods, front bumpers, grills, headlamps etc are interchangeable between all models. As above 5 door Eterna liftback and 4 door Eterna Sava sedan have a lower roofline so the doors, side windows and front windscreen are not interchangeable with the Galant sedan. The interior is mostly all the same too.

H05TYL

carpet is not interchangeable between 2wd and 4wd models.

misterfixit

Quoting fuel:
the rear bumper from a 4WD model wont fit a 2WD model, and vice versa as the floorpan from the rear seat back is different to accommodate the diff and fuel tank under the spare wheel. Front guards, hoods, front bumpers, grills, headlamps etc are interchangeable between all models. As above 5 door Eterna liftback and 4 door Eterna Sava sedan have a lower roofline so the doors, side windows and front windscreen are not interchangeable with the Galant sedan. The interior is mostly all the same too.

True, also the lower infill panels on the centre console and the rear seat base, which are also different. Plus the boot interior trim is different between 2wd and 4wd models.

Rich

misterfixit

Quoting fuel:

With the eterna/ galant hatch, anything above the bottom of the window line upwards is a no go except the sunroof which will work.

An eterna sava is the saloon version of the eterna (lower roof than the galant) so all the doors and the windscreen are interchangeable, but behind the back doors all similarity stops.

Rich

donkeylips

Quoting 496of2000:
Power steering rack, pump and lines.

Hey we're neighbors, 497/2000 here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts