The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Inline BOV by SteedSpeed

mitsuturbo

This looks pretty cool, but i dont know how the durability would be. I'd think they'd be better if one could clamp a coupler to each side of it, reducing the chance of leakage.

2.5" and 3" pipe versions shown here.

Click the image for webpage and links to videos of this BOV.

I'm thinking about buying one, but i just don't feel all warm and fuzzy about the simple O ring on each side to seal things up.. and who's to say the valve assembly would not leak at some point?

OBX is making a knock off version already, which can be seen on fleabay, of course.

curtis

I saw those a while back but just not sure either. The design is sweet and would vent like crazy but I really think they need a carbon seal like on turbine engines. Do yourself a favor and buy a synchonic. There as fast in person as the video's they have on you tube.

Boostdtalon

Quoting curtis:
I saw those a while back but just not sure either. The design is sweet and would vent like crazy but I really think they need a carbon seal like on turbine engines. Do yourself a favor and buy a synchonic. There as fast in person as the video's they have on you tube.

Yeah that is a cool design but I would want to know how they adjust it? Seems like it fluttered quite a bit in the video.

Curtis, since you bought my syncronic BOV I'm getting their new DV next week. I've already got a flange for stock and a weld on one for when I do my FMIC. Might put my 50mm WG up for sale since I'm going with a internal setup.

GolfBall

thats really cool. deff have some concerns though.

how much boost could those o-rings hold and it says it stays open at idle... thats gonna be a problem for a lot of people.

also how the pipes connect is sketchy... 3 little set screws and an oring hold a pipe in.

mitsuturbo

If i were to obtain one, i'd have aluminum pipe welded to the end of it so that clamps and silicone could seal it, rather than some "questionable" O-ring. Also, different pipes are different thicknesses and such. Who's to say it would fit ok on a thin wall stainless as well as a heavy wall aluminized pipe?

belize1334

I don't like that they hang open at idle. Even if you're running a GM MAF or SD you can't filter the air that will be drawn through.

SleepinGVR4

I saw these not to long ago also. And I'm almost certain I saw a video of a guy just bashing the design and functionality after he had bought one and installed it on his car.

Whoodoo

Did you see the manifolds they have? They are all CNC'd in layers then welded together. This would make everything nice and precise and all the internals could be really fine tuned.

This one is for an m3. Looks great.
HPFTurboManifoldInside_003.29131331_large.jpg

HPFTurboManifoldInside_005.29131719_large.jpg

HPFTurboManifoldInside_007.29131702_large.jpg

mazdaspeed_mzr_005.17135533_large.jpg

BUT... what about all the insides? You can't weld on the inside of the thing, so how do they seal? Do they rely on a coating to seal it up?

Also, what about this manifold for an evo?
003.20784004_std.JPG

Its divided... ish. I though you were supposed to pair a divided manifold 1-4 and 2-3 in order to get even pulses. Also, its not fully divided because the wastegate is right on top.

Good ideas, but they may need some rethinking.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned