The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bov resurculation barb

tektic

I'm making an intake and have been in able to find a suitable weld on fitting to recirculate my bov. I believe I'm looking for an aluminum 34mm hose-barb.

I was thinking rad inlet might be that size too. Spent a lot of time on Google the best I came up with was a 34mm hose coupler from China. Thin walls not good for welding.

Please help.

Measured the bov I got in the mail today. Its actually 29mm or 1-1/8". Seen a lot of 1-1/4" pipe for sale.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

Go pick up some tubing and weld it on.

EHmotorsports

McMaster-Carr click

Google search metal supply click

home depot Google search click

Google search tubing supply click

Last edited:

prove_it

You don't have to have a barb, it's not under a constant pressure. Only during shifts, and even that isn't all that much pressure. It's a spiked pressure. As long as you have at least 1 inch of hose on a pipe and a good hose clamp, it shouldn't push off.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned