The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HVAC controls

AWDnoobie

I have a few questions about the slide levers under the dials. I know the one on the left is for fresh air or recirculation, but what is the one on the right for? It has a L and R. And last question, has anyone moved the controls to where the radio is located? If so was there anything to look out for the cables or some wiring that I havent seen yet(dash is still in place) The reason is, id like to put the deck up a bit higher due to a flip out screen.

cspetros

It's a volume allocation control lever. It directs air in accord with the selection you make. If you pick "L", it directs a higher volume of air to the left side of the vehicle cabin. The right side still gets air, but not as much.

Hope this makes sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AWDnoobie

Thats a cool thing to have, but since it really doesnt do much, those two levers are now going to dissappear. Only other thing is if anyone has moved the dial controls down to the stereo location?

Muskrat

It's been done with 3g eclipse controls. Do a search I think it's in the how-to section.

AWDnoobie

Thank You Muskrat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif took a bit of searching but I found the thread

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned