The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3g Eclipse AC controls in GVR4

if i could get a hold of 3g controls i would definitely try it. i would like to be able to remove that whole climate control/ash tray piece to use it for gauges.

tsiboy

this would be an amazing mod if you've figured it all out. please update this. there is a 3g eclipse at the j-yard near me and i would like to pick up the ac controls to do this.

-alex

tsiboy

bump. still looking to do this mod, please update /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

4orced4door

Has this been done on a 1G? The stock AC controls are an even better position for gauges on a 1G and I love the idea of this.

strokin4dr

I did get all of the wiring figured out. It just took 4 relays, some wire, 2 repair manuals, and quite a bit of time. The hot/cold cable is going to take some more work. It is a few inches too short and it is hard to find a cable in the junkyard with the same designed fitting on the ends. I really have had too many other things to do to the car that I want to finish first. As of right now, it is all working and mounted, but later on I will go back and redo that cable, and while I'm in there I will make a diagram of how I wired everything up; I was too tired of working on it when I finally figured it out to make a diagram and a "how to".
It is definately NOT a bolt on affair. Even the way it mounts in the 3g Eclipse is completely different than how it can be mounted in the GVR4. You have to cut tabs off the sides of the controls, lose the metal brackets that hold the stock radio in place and get creative in mounting it in the center console.
I will come back to this thread later on when I have pics, diagrams and an update.
On a side note: does anyone know where I can possibly get custom length cables for these controls?

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

OK waited 4 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif did you get this working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

CutlassJim

I love the idea of the newer knobs and the location but I don't have 3 gauges. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Update please, I had completely forgot about this thread. This is a brilliant idea.

prove_it

LOL, did you check the dates on this? It's been six years....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned