The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cut factory radio harness, where to source "new" pigtail?

5OF2k

Figured id post this here, in case my hourse of searching havent been in-depth enough.

#5 has no radio. I pulled the plate/blockoff prio owner installed to find the factory stereo plug had been chopped off..... (sadface).

I searched google, and here for a radio specific wiring diagram, and also for a list or some sort of difinitive answer as to which vehicles i can use the radio pigtail from, but have come up empty handed.

So, i call on you gvr4.org. Where can i find either:

A) radio circuit ONLY wiring diagram

B) a factory radio harness replacement so i can take the lazy route (I.E. Which cars share the same wiring for the radio circuit with our cars?)

Thanks in advance,

-Jakr

donkeylips

Agreed. And at least a 1G DSM and probably many other cars will have the same connectors. Will all of the wire colors be the same? I'm not sure.

5OF2k

Thanks for the link Marvin! Ive been to the J yards a few times in my area in search of one, with no luck. Seems a lot of people enjoy hacking the radio harnesses up, for whatever reason.

Now, next question is a radio circuit only wiring diagram? I have access to Mitchell and factory service manuals, but havent been qble to narrow it down to the radio specifically yet. Ill keep digging, but if anyone has a link it would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks again!

-Jake

Struc

I had to buy one of those Ebay wiring harnesses to put my car back together as well. They work great. They sell the male and female side.

The factory shop manual is floating around our on the internet. There is a link to it as a sticky around here someplace. It's what I used to be sure of all the colors, but as I remember, the harness I got from Ebay was color coded correctly.

5OF2k

Excellent. Being as I have hard copies of the Mitsu service manual AND Mitchell I should be okay then. I just remember having a similar issue when I had my '92 TSI and the Mitchell didnt break it down into a radio only circuit, which made digging through the wiring diagrams an absolute PITA!

Thanks again fellas, much appreciated!

-Jake

TomN

I believe a 91 eclipse is the same as the galant.
If it is you can use this.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse Car Stereo Wire Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/Black
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Blue
Car Radio Ground Wire: Chassis
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Green/White
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Black/Yellow
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: White/Black
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 4″ Speakers
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Dash
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Blue
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Blue
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Red
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Red
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6 1/2″ Speakers
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Side Panels
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow/Blue
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow/Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Red

5OF2k

I plan to compare wiring diags as much as i can when i get to the shop. Listing the colors like that is VERY helpful though, thanks for that!

-Jake

5OF2k

Found one at the jyard actually, but thank you!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned