The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how to get IC piping?

desant78

To clarify my question, anyone know of a good way to get piping other than just buying an ebay or name brand kit? Do People find it cheaper to have it custom made? Or is there a popular DIY way? Saw on mcmaster it was 70 for a six foot section that was 2.5 inches I.D. Anyone ever try a route like that?

Fell free to chime in where you guys buy your I.c. kits or individual sections.

Thanks in advance!

TRBODSM

Post a WTB for one of jonvr4's IC piping kits. Someone might have one laying around. I had one on my galant.
DSC_0458.jpg

Diego

If you want make me an offer on my core plus all the piping that I had needed to plumb the core I have for sale... it was done by AMS back in the day.

broxma

Did you tilt shift that picture on purpose? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You'd be surprised what a quality ebay universal pipe kit and a friend with a TIG welder can do.

/brox

boostedinaz

I would say find a good local fab guy and having piping made. Nothing fits as well or looks as good as custom pieces.

524of1000

I have an Ebay pipe kit and a friend of a friend with a TIG welder. The pipes are a surprisingly good quality, thicker than necessary and came with more than what was required for my set up. It works, fits and looks fantastic and the price was unbeatable. f*** YEAH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

TRBODSM

Quoting broxma:
Did you tilt shift that picture on purpose? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You'd be surprised what a quality ebay universal pipe kit and a friend with a TIG welder can do.

/brox

My buddy took the pic of the engine bay. Not sure what he was going after but I like the quality of SS piping since it is strong. I havnt had good luck with eBay piping as when people use t bolt clamps it ovals/ smashes the pipes causing boost leaks. That would be the only reason I would not recommend eBay but it seems like others have had good luck.

rdomeck

I have used these guys for a couple of custom projects and I like there quality! You would still need to cut and fit and then have a someone tig weld... But maybe a cheaper way and more custom!

click

desant78

^ nice thats kinda the ideas I'm lookng for also. I'm leaning toward a DIY approach, and if that crashes and burns I will be asking the many people who have offered to sell their set ups if I can still have a chance at buying them.

Any one else try a DIY approach and have pictures of the results/how easy it was? Does seem hard with a shop thta sells bends like the one above...all that is needed is a long stock to cut to length as needed.

Am I fool for thinking this is very straight forward? (Disclaimer: Not including BOV mounting)

524of1000

Like I said above, I bought the Ebay pipe kit. The thickness of the pipe was better than expected and they never crushed with t-bolt clamps. I pieced it together, trimmed where needed and held it together with the shitty couplers and t-bolt clamps. Once I was happy with the route, I took it to a friend who TIG welded it together and now I have these:

of course I re-painted them after. Even the welder commented on the general quality of the pipes. And this is how it looked with my 16g set up. It's a little different now that I'm running a big turbo...

desant78

The pictures make that look great....that's gonna be Plan B. That does seem like a solid option. Thanks for the input.

desant78

I do have access to a welder...thats for the tips! Basically im looking to get pipes on the cheap..with bends and weld them up, polish, and save money having s good looking functional ic set up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned