The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to build a better beater?

gsxtasee1

So I'm finally back in a Gvr4!

But its a TOTAL P.O.S. & not worth the money or effort to make nice.. So thinking of going uber sick, like seamwelded, full cage, 4+ race seats, race/Spartan/functional everything else...

Ideas of what ypud do to ypir vr4 if it weren't desicration to do so?

transparentdsm

i always wanted to buy one that was beat up bad and lift it up so it sits like the old 4X4 AMC wagons, make some skid plates for the undercarriage that cover basically the whole undercarriage, get some big nubby tires and then take it on some off-road trails.

gsxtasee1

Leaning more towards rally-focused road car with 4 race seats plus race baby seats, big camst, big nasty turbo, perhaps with anti-lag system even... Etc..
Buy that would be cool & useful(ish) in the NW Florida are I still find myself living... Thanks for idea tho.. Perhaps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gsxtasee1

You're getting it! -0- fucks are involved in this build from respect for heritage, nameplates, body reverence, pure evil in a 4door box ... I like where this is heading /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

Staff member
Quoting gsxtasee1:
So I'm finally back in a Gvr4!

But its a TOTAL P.O.S. & not worth the money or effort to make nice.. So thinking of going uber sick, like seamwelded, full cage, 4+ race seats, race/Spartan/functional everything else...

Ideas of what ypud do to ypir vr4 if it weren't desicration to do so?

Pics?

GSTwithPSI

Quoting gsxtasee1:
You're getting it! -0- fucks are involved in this build from respect for heritage, nameplates, body reverence, pure evil in a 4door box ... I like where this is heading /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah, the flares on dc_style's car look tough IMO. Problem is, you have to chop/drill up the body and do all kinds of irreversible sh*t to make them work. But, since no fucks given, you're good in that department.

Chad989of2000

Pull all the aux/unnecessary components out. Keep the build simple. If you are really looking to build a time attack vehicle, focus on a linear power curve rather than peak numbers. Strip it down and beat the hell out of it.

tektic

I might be headed down this road my self eventually. I have dents on every panel and stinky brown cloth interior.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned