The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How often do you drive your GVR4?

NYC86ZC

#761 (189k miles) is my daily driver/bad weather car. Another reason why i DD it is because i get better/quicker heat from it than my civic and it was in a bad accident at one point in its life so i dont feel as bad if i drive it in the rain/snow/salt. Also, it's completely stock and looks almost mint.

#541 (85k miles) needs some paint work and currently is off the road but it will be the car i'll mod further than what it already has.

414 saw 5k miles in 3years.

it is a jsb.

621. i pulled it into the garage. its ballin right now

Mine is dd for the winter months. Then when its nice out whatever i feel like driving.

mikus

Every day Spring-Fall at about 350 miles/week. Unless it, or my wagon breaks.

Two modded, high miles sketchy turbo cars > one reliable boring car.

kartorium

I drive it pretty much daily in the summer, however this last summer I didn't get to drive it much cause I was rebuilding so much of it. This summer should be more of a daily thing since much of my maintenance stuff is done now.

vtecds1

3.5yrs and I think it was driven a total of 2 miles. At the rate she's going...I`ll probably be dead by the time she hits 57k miles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I drive mine on the weekends (Except in the winter) I want to keep it away from the salt. As of right now though even if it wasnt winter I have it sitting in my garage because Im saving for new struts, balljoints, bushings, etc. for front end before I get it aligned. Alignment is way off so I decided to make the front end new while at it.

Flip4G63

every damn day!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Only time i dont is when i'm in CA for 5 days of the month. other than that i rock the G ride.

curtis

Screw this thread, makes me sad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

BluFalcon

I try to drive it at least twice during the week, and pretty much all weekend. My truck is a pretty cushy ride, so it's hard to give it up sometimes.

Rausch

Quoting curtis:
Screw this thread, makes me sad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Seriously.

Besides, it's WAY easier to be ballin on jackstands, as opposed to ballin AND rolling at thte same time. Geez.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gay3.gif (For Besso)

BoostedAWD91

i have been daily driving my DSM's/GVr4 for 10 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
keeping the spirit alive that it can be done

Last edited:

Turbo4door1

For the first few years I owned my car (purchased in 1999 with 70K miles), I daily drove it. I put 20K+ per year on it and it was perfectly reliable. The middle years, it became a second car and I really only drove it like once per week and to play in on nice weekends. Now, it is my fourth car and pretty much sits. I put less then 1000 miles on it last year. However, it starts, drives, and is tagged and insured. I think it has around 145K on it now. Still as reliable as it ever was too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting 866galant:
#668 gets 110 miles a day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PLEASE...be very carefull with exceeding 88mph in #866... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ghostride.gif

It seems that you're heading back in time, and if you're not mindfull of the space time-continunum...

...you'll be pre-badging...

You're already down to #688, and well, you can see the problem can't you?

That is all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

1941Galant

I have driven my car one mile in the past 4 years. It was my DD before that, and I started tearing it down since I wanted a project car, not because it had any problems. Once the build is complete I will be driving it a few times a week, and letting it sit in a garage during the winter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned