The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HOW HARD IS DRIVING TOO HARD

SmoothCustomer

That's not a terrible point. Take Chris for example. He has a 7 bolt 1g with a 6 bolt ready to go in but he might as well just beat the piss out of the 7 bolt and have some fun before he swaps it. Although if everyone had a spare, better engine lying around they wouldn't be asking these questions.

Quoting galantgti:
Driving it too hard is when all becomes blurry and you are going back to the future.....

One point twenty one gigawatts! Everyone knows that Doc Brown put a banana peel eating 4G63 into that DeLorean...

Brianawd

I believe in over building your motor. I built my motor to with stand 800+hp but am only at like 650-700crank. I also keep the boost limited to 20psi on the street witch drops my power by 130whp. I also check and recheck bolts,clamps,oil,coolant, and so on every time I take the car out.

CP

My eyes are bleeding after trying to read this thread.

MitchooO

your best to be kind of asy on the cars from wat ive seen... im a horrible evil bastard to a car...so far ive had mine for almost 2 years....half the time not running...ill go threw a list

-who knows how many blown coolant pipe
-crossed t-stat wires wouldnt run for 2 months
-charge pipes blowing off (mostly my rig fault)
-4ws line starts to leak
-destroy the exhaust side of my 14b
-broke the 1st axle at track after 60-1, gm maft, and inercooler
-wiring problems turn my wipers and domelight on and leave the doorlocks powerless
-broken shifter linkage inside trans
-2 months later after smashing evos on 30+ lbs on stock head gasket and bolts- broke axle #2
-same day started to miss and made 25 lbs with broken rear axle before i burnt a hole in #3 piston and melted the head between 1+2

is it worth it? i wouldnt trade it for anything....i run my cars hard...stupid most of the time. but its a hell of a journey to make it so it wont break... just bored and leaving my 2 cents for ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned