The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hoosier - DOT approved Drag radials 245-40-17

bazeng

Hi All,

Anybody used Hoosier drag radials before?
I'm thinking of getting some good rubber but due to the vette brakes, I need to maintain 17" rims.

Opinions?

Last edited:

RedTwo

Doesn't NateCrisman have some on his brick? Ran 10.8 last I heard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

17's are hard to find in alot of different brands I wish M&H made some but I think 16's are it for them. I'll probably just go to a road race tire for mine since I also have the cobra camaro brake combo. They don't sell them any more but I had a set of yokohama A008RSII's on my mustang treadwear 40 traction A temp A and would dead hook 2nd gear on the street or drag strip with probably 600+ ft lbs of torque with a 4:10 gear. Broke about 60% of the teeth off a ring and pinion with them on spray one afternoon so I know they work.

curtis

17's are hard to find in alot of different brands I wish M&H made some but I think 16's are it for them. I'll probably just go to a road race tire for mine since I also have the cobra camaro brake combo. They don't sell them any more but I had a set of yokohama A008RSII's on my mustang treadwear 40 traction A temp A and would dead hook 2nd gear on the street or drag strip with probably 600+ ft lbs of torque with a 4:10 gear. Broke about 60% of the teeth off a ring and pinion with them on spray one afternoon so I know they work.

bazeng

I'm just after something with a soft tyre wall to give me abit of slack when I launch on the strip.

I'm just over breaking parts.
Hopefully a driveshaft upgrade and that will be it!

Otherwise, I'll have to go xfer case / axels etc.

The simple and easy solution would be to downgrade the brakes, go 15" x 8 rims and run a full slick. I believe they reduce the load of the drivetrain due to the side wall flex.

Hoosier are the only ones that provide a size that will fit the Galant.

All the other guys do 275 width and up in the 17" range.

Leon_R

Then get 16" wheels/tires! I never saw 17" that were good at the drag strip.

I suppose if you MUST use 17" wheels, get the drag radials, but it is far from ideal...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned