The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hks bov not off/opening

vr4199

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I have a hks ssqv but i had to take it off because it didn't seem to be opening.

I bought it off someone on the board over a year ago and it worked great.

But like a month ago it stopped responding.

and i had to put the turbo xs that i have back on in the mean time.

Well to make a long story short.

1. Does anyone think it needs to be lubricated and if yes how?

2. If it needs a spring how can i do it?
Because i have an old hks ssqv that i can probably get the spring from

thanks in advance

Brunoboy

I thought it was adjustable by the knob on the back.

vr4199

The older one i have has the adjustment screw. But the one i just removed does not.

MitchooO

well if it worked before and just stopped working...id say lubrication is in need... just pull it apart on a table and make sure it doesnt fly apart and lose all the peices. lol. and put some kind of good lube you have layin around the house (not the bedroom)

Last edited:

fastasleep

Never could get an SSQV to work right on my recirculated setup. Died at idle and compressor surged no matter the amount of adjusting. Nothing sounded cooler though lol..

Fastasleep; what did you end up going with? I really like the the sound too of the hks's. I'm recirculating a 1g uncrushed. The functuality is great, the sound of it popping off, not so much. I'm wanting to continue recirculating, but with a little more wooossshh.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts