The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BOV Vacuum Source Location

Chad989of2000

Where are you guys running your BOV vacuum source from? I have a 1G BOV and an external wastegate. The reason I bring this up is that I also am running a HKS EVC EZ (EBC) and the unit needs an uninterrupted vacuum source, so I'm using the port right on the intake mani immediately following the TB. This is where I originally had my BOV hooked up to. Can I tee into this line or is there another good source for the BOV?

AllanL

+1 here for this question...
have a 1G N/A intake.
was planning on putting a hose fitting on the EGR vacuum port currently plugged with an Allen bolt.
currently have the egr block off plate as emissions is not an issue.
thanks.

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

nevermind

Last edited:

Chad989of2000

I t'd my bov off the ebc to intake mani line and it seems to function fine.

mikus

Ideal scenario is a unique line for all of BOV, FPR, Brake, PCV, gauge.

- PCV is generally no good to tap for anything.
- BOV is an experiment - some tap no problems, others re, each car varies. Keep it off your brake line though.
- FPR and Brake are both safety risks, but also are closed system... I wouldn't mess with brakes at all.

You can see why having that one extra line is a big deal. When intake manifolds can be had for cheap/free, and are easy to change, I see no reason to compromise on this...

Chad989of2000

FYI I do have the intake mani with the vacuum port...just using it for the EBC. So I'll just stick with the BOV t'd with the ebc and intake mani then.

spooln4fun

I've always t'd mine off the fpr, but as previously said each should have its very one port.

belize1334

The BOV should always have it's own dedicated line. The reason is that the BOV diaphragm physically moves when activated so it's not just a signal port. It's actually moving air through that hose. That's why it's a 3/8" hose instead of 1/4" like the rest of the systems. You don't want the demands of the BOV to influence the signal on your fpr or EBC lines.

I personally run the brake, bov, afpr, VPC, CCV all off of their own signal lines. The all have dedicated ports off of the intake manifold. Then I run my EBC and boost-gauge off of the p-port on the throttle-body.

Chad989of2000

^^^Do you have a pic of your setup? So your EBC and boost gauge have a shared line? I currently am running my boost gauge off of the P Port.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts