The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Highly Pissed update

clevr4

Well, today was a good day... went on a skyline drive cruise.. about 22 cars showed.pictures to follow. one of the guys had a neon srt4....thing was quick, rubbed me in the dirt. then later on went to have coffee at a friends car got towed! cost me 130 dollars! chekced the receipt...means of towing was wheel lift.... luckily i made it home didnt really feel any problems. Still pisses me off though, good day turned bad. Thats my update on 560. good night

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Stick it to the man .....
They guaran-damn-teed, fucked the VC.

Regardless, how far was it towed.

EMX5636

Yup, unless they also slid dolly's under the rear wheels, VCU and potentially the center diff is damaged.

clevr4

What kind of symptoms would be shown if it is indeed fucked up? I called the tow place today they say they use dolls if the car requires it... I guess I felt a little suspicious because their operations are shiesty anyways. Should I take there word or do further investigation into the components?

diambo4life

It should say on the receipt how it was towed. If it wasn't towed with all 4 off the ground, you need to get hold of them. Yes.....internal damage to your tranny was done.

Last edited:

clevr4

It said on receipt that it was wheel lifted. So 2 wheels were on ground. I called them and the lady said they would get back to me during regular business hours. What should I say? How can I prove things are messed up? Any help would be appreciated

diambo4life

Tell them they destroyed your transmission. That is what the manufacturer of your car says will happen when towed on two wheels. The onus is not on you to provide proof or evidence of said damage. If by their admission, they towed it on 2 wheels, that is all you need.

clevr4

Thanks man. You think I should notify my insurance? I feel they just won't admit their mistake easily and replace said transmission

G

Staff member
Tell them you're going to file a police report. Then make sure you do so it's documented before you file a claim with insurance.

clevr4

How would you all go about checking what exactly is fucked up

clevr4

It's hard to tell if it's making any noises out of the usual, balance shafts removed. But now I've read about all these other cars with issues after the same situation I may have a phantom feeling that something might be up. There is a transmission guy up the street. I may bring it to him to see if he can tell me that it is indeed broken and the only way that happens is by improper towing. What a headache, I reckon I shouldn't drive it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quote:
I reckon I shouldn't drive it.

Document the mileage at which this occurred, and then if it goes to court, you can prove you haven't driven it with a photo of your mileage on the odometer.

Just putting that out there.

Is this your primary form of transport?

turbowop

Did you drive it at all? Did it act weird? Go do a launch on gravel. If they all spin it's probably fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe they really did use dollies. Go back to where it was towed from. If they didn't, you should see some black skid marks from your rear tires somewhere nearby when the VC decided to lock up. If that didn't happen, and some trans internals broke instead, I think you'd know already.

Last edited:

clevr4

Honestly I drove it home didn't even think about it. When I got home an read receipt is when I got suspicios. I haven't noticed any noises or issues. I drove it in the snow the other day, all wheels spinning. Spun out in gravel all tires marked. Shifts the same. I have put about 200 miles on it since. I was pulled in and there would be no way to lift from front where I was parked. E brake on. Out of gear. When I called they said they use dollies if it is needed. But receipt didn't say that. The guy at the counter filled receipt not the driver. So I think all is good but I will see what else they can share with me

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned