The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HID's

Brunoboy

Quoting DarkDevilMMM:
^^^ no, the other way around

well where is it gunna point then???? does anyone have pics to compare ????

im not sure what everyones talking about, my 91's are just fine and people do not flash me with them.

GIjoe

^^^ same here!

I'd like to see a picture of your light patterns against a wall. Unless you're questioning every driver you're passing (blinding), you can't really be sure that there's a problem. A picture of the beam against a wall is definitely a better source of qualitative evidence.

JSchleim18

Quoting atc250r:
I have also had them in my GVR4 with 93 housings for years and never had anyone flash me over them. I made my own kit by re-basing a set of Acura bulbs but that shouldn't matter much based on what many here say about the glare they supposedly will cause. You have to be careful how you aim them, keep them a little on the low side to lessen any potential problem for other drivers. This wasn't an issue on my GVR4 but I did have to lower the aim on my truck when I put them in. IMHO, 4300K is the only way to go since its the closest to pure white. Higher = blue/purple and lower = yellowish, neither of which is ideal for seeing IMHO.

John

John has the right idea. Best output is the 4300K Philips D2S bulbs or IIRC they make 4000K D2S Plus. If they don't have 4300K as an option, 5000K is your next best bet.

Nartanian

i have HID bulbs if that counts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif man i need a wash!

2of9

i'll try to post mine up. i've got 8K's in mine with the usdm headlights.

so i have a 91 so i should find some 93 head to do the hid swap to im confused can someone pm and explain plzz thanks new to this sorry...:)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned