The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

help with 1161/2000

Hello fellow members. Well I've purchase 1161/2000 last August and only had it running for a few days till the timing belt took a dump on me and caused major damage to the head.

I would like to know if anyone has owned 1161/2000 before or come across it.

Thanks..

G

Staff member
Any pics?

Well these are the only photos I took the day I returned home with the car. Never had a chance to take any decent photos since the car didn't make it past 2 days after getting the car registered and road ready.

Last edited:

VR6Eater

Where in Wis. are you?

PolskiVR4

Aside form the timing belt mishap the car looks great.

GSX_TC

I spy JDM headlights.

I'm from Menomonee Falls, WI.

And exterior and interior of the car is in excellent condition for its age. I really need to focus on the car to get it up and running. I really miss driving it, even though I probably only put like 10 miles on the car before it went down.

JDM Headlights? How can you tell? any advice?

GSX_TC

Go pull your low beams and if it's an Metal h4 bulb it's the Japanese headlights, if it's a plastic 9006 bulb, it's the stock usdm headlights.

strokin4dr

Headlights look usdm to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSX_TC

I'll be surprised if those aren't JDM headlamps but who knows, I could be wrong and it could just be bad lighting.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned