The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

help!! Tbelt tensioner pulley bracket bolt.

I broke the head off this bolt.

what do I do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif long day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It broke flush, so vice grips won't work and the engine is in the car.

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

well in my opinion it just be easier to pull the engine, drill ur hone and use easyouts. there isnt a whole lot of room the get tools in that area with it in the car but if u have a small 90degree pneumatic dremel with a diamond bit that might work. it work for me wen i busted some bolt on the side of the engine of my old ford probe.

pauleyman

Pull the engine????? Screw that. Unbolt the motor mount bracket and get that thing out of the car. Remove said bolt or replace the motor mount bracket with another one.

It's the bracket bolt, I over-tightened the bolt and snapped the head of the bolt off. I removed the whole bracket and tensioner pulley. Now I am left with a bolt that is flush and in that hole: pointed out in the pic above. I can't get to it with pliers. I agree with not pulling the engine, I would rather drill into the wheel weld. But what tools would I need to get the job done?

Last edited by a moderator:

Barnes

The large bracket that the tensioner arm bolts to can be removed. Take all the 14mm bolts off of it. It should come off easily. Now that you have the entire bracket out of the engine compartment you need to drill into the broken bolt and use an easy out. Or take it to a machine shop where they can do this for you.

pauleyman

Apparently I wasn't clear. Yeah take the bracket off. Same part as DSM also so you can easily get another.

Barnes

Derp. Sorry Pauleyman, I completely glossed over the fact that you said what I said. Well, certainly can't hurt if we repeat it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I just wanted to confirm that indeed you can take the whole unit off. I took the bolt out, Thank you everyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned