The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front DS Axle Bracket Question

BoostedAWD91

yes true, i should of stated that differently, i didnt mean u should go get a 10mm bolt at the hardware store to use cause. I meant that they arent made extra strong. Sorry for the confusion.

since its possible the right washers and stuff arent on there, how many washer and lock washers are supposed to be on each bolt. The one bolt that was holding the bracket on when i found the broken bolt, turned out to be bent. I wanna make sure its spaced properly this time

Last edited:

TylerAdamson

For the archives, the pn for the bolts is MB297860 and the pn for the washers is MF450406.

Axle carrier
Axle bracket
Drivers side carrier
Drivers side axle

tsiboy

maybe you should try this

click

also check if the piece of the bolt that is broken inside is loose. i've had this happen in my cars as well and one time i was able to turn the piece out by tapping it counter clockwise with a small punch. i have also gotten them out by cutting a slit into the bolt and using a screwdriver.

never tried the welding method though.

BoostedAWD91

I got it drilled out and retapped last week. The new hardware and spacer showed up yesterday so ill post pictures of everything incase someone else needs it

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned