The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

help me pick the right paint for my car!!

RedTwo

Makes a change from the old British Racing Green - seems similar, but also dissimilar to the R34 Nur colour too (which is also sexy) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GREEEEEEEN:

H05TYL

Redtwo: That looks like Fords HotHouse green?

This is a much nicer shade of green imo, not too bright or too dark - shame about the naaasty bodykit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

green1.jpg

chucklesas

I can't find it, but one of the overseas members had posted a bunch of GVR4 pics (thought it was someone from Malaysia) with an AMG Galant that was green and black. I thought it looked pretty nice.

slobra

Quoting crankwalk:
Quoting iceman69510:
Try this:

green galant

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif That color is rough!

Thats Calypso green, I used to own a fox body coupe with that color. It doesn't look right at all on a galant.

tsiboy

one thing love about these cars is they look good in so many colors.
why not go two tone?? not too many people in the states have done it and the possibilities are endless

file.php

find more examples here, not too many green though
click

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I actually don't like that green Galant I posted the link to. I was hoping it would work for dissuasion rather than persuasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting slobra:
Quoting crankwalk:
Quoting iceman69510:
Try this:

green galant

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif That color is rough!

Thats Calypso green, I used to own a fox body coupe with that color. It doesn't look right at all on a galant.

curtis

In the link below
go to page 4 sublime green cuda with body stripe I think might look ok just scaling and drawing the stripe on photoshop would have to pull it off because if the angles are wrong it will look bad quick
page one with the yellow van and the lambo paint on the bottom
Old school 68 GTA Bullet mustang Green make you want to run a car into a gas station. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

another is Lotus elise electric burn your retina green love the color but may not be able to pull it off on a 4 door.

click me.

Also there use to be a website in Australia or New Zealand that you chose the VR4 then could change wheel and tire packages but it had a full color spectrum you could move around and also lower the car and change caliper color but I can't seem to find it. Help old timers this was 4 or 5 years ago.

fivestardsm

Here is another option, But. I would say go with a Belize Green and add a little bit of house of colors PBC-41 Sherwood pearl. Or just go to your local paint store and see what they have in there paint chit index so you could see what might bring it to the shade you want. Here is another chart list for HOK- click

Also maybe you want some Flake? click

Last edited:

THEKID

Quoting H05TYL:
Redtwo: That looks like Fords HotHouse green?

This is a much nicer shade of green imo, not too bright or too dark - shame about the naaasty bodykit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

green1.jpg

i am kind of liking this color maby with a little flake. but i am trying to keep the paint simple as this is going to be a street car. i do know that as hard as i try it will get some bumps and bruises. parking lot dings. which is why i would like a simple color that is easy to blend. i have been told that the jeep wrangler electric lime green is a three stage paint and is a lot of work to repair a scratch.

Stop beating around the bush and just paint it the real green youre thinking of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif:

ECLIPSE_.jpg

THEKID

^ that's a negative on the h factor.

Quoting tsiboy:
why not go two tone?? not too many people in the states have done it and the possibilities are endless

Just got got mine two toned. White/black, but I had done other colors I think the green/gray is cool and the s13 twotone banana is cool(light yellow/brown).

Bright viper green like off of a 911 RSR just doesn't go on a big square car imo.

1990ggsxnj

I'm one for this, though you said you're looking for a brighter green. This is more lighter than brighter but it IS pretty hot with that two-tone.
Quoting tsiboy:

file.php

find more examples here, not too many green though
click

here's a few pics of my 95 gt that I painted a few years ago. It's basically the teal color from the SN-95 mustangs with a bit more green mixed in and metallic flakes added.
sideview
assend

THEKID

when i say two tone i mean the bottom green and from the pillars up black. maybe i will do Belize green i have to see a true Belize green car in person. my car has been repainted so many times and the color is all distorted. that's why i am stripping it to bare metal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned