The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hahn racecraft 16g

jared50438

just had a few questions on it.
they have a 10cm housing what kind of a/r would that be?
i bought a 14b. i really don't like the lighting fast spool-up. i do a lot of interstate driving, and when i had a 14b the damn thing would be boosting down the road and my fuel milage would be awaful like 15's but with the garrett t3,60/63 on it i get mid 20's now..

mostly just seeing if you guys had any experience with it and if you like it?

belize1334

Quoting jared50438:
just had a few questions on it.
they have a 10cm housing what kind of a/r would that be?
i bought a 14b. i really don't like the lighting fast spool-up. i do a lot of interstate driving, and when i had a 14b the damn thing would be boosting down the road and my fuel milage would be awaful like 15's but with the garrett t3,60/63 on it i get mid 20's now..

mostly just seeing if you guys had any experience with it and if you like it?

So you're problem with the 14b is that it spools too fast? If I were you I'd just learn to be softer with your foot on the accelerator. Otherwise you could have the exhaust wheel clipped which would help it flow more up top and has the (usually negative) side effect of making the turbo spool slower.

If your speaking the super 16G , it is a good turbo. They have eliminated the possibility of boost creep which is obviously good, however, it's pricey. You have to get the install kit for it to bolt up, that alone is $320 plus the cost of the turbo your lookin to spend close to $1000 for a 16G. To me that's awfully high for a 16G. I only had it because it was previously installed on one of my Galants.

Brianawd

The hahn racecraft super 16G is junk. Always has and always will be. If you want to spend $1000 on a 16g turbo the call FP and order a FP HTA68.

jared50438

i have a t3 manifold. i have found a hahn 16g for 250. i was just asking what people though of it. and its not the fact that i have my foot in it. it was when i was driving on the interstate the turbo would be sitting at like 3 psi. thanks for the replies.

turbowop

I don't remember the super16g ever using a T3 flange. I thought it used that huge 10cm Mitsu housing that bolted up to the stock manifold.

That said, I agree with Brian.

Ian M

A guy around here had a Super 16g years ago. I sorta remember it using some sort of dorky adapter plate to bolt to the manifold? I recall him ditching that turd and putting a standard big16g on it,and was way happier with it.

I don't think in all the years those things have been around,that I've seen a car run all that impressive with one.

Last edited:

turbowop

If I recall it required a spacer between the head and manifold for the exhaust housing to clear. Just another way to get exhaust leaks, IMO.

jared50438

its a t3 to dsm flange, thanks guys. i didnt end up purchasing it, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing out on something haha. apparently not.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned