The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

DynastyLCD

Quoting jepherz:
Those power steering lines you used (you said silicone), do they have any reinforcement bands in them? If not, they aren't going to handle any pressure. That, and they may swell up from the oils.

those look like Pushlok lines, they handle fuel, oil, and coolant just fine. shouldn't be an issue.

those are for sure not silicone, Mike! but they will work just fine for that!

Quoting GSX_TC:
Just check out the pics, there's plenty of them to answer that question man.

ninja edit: i believe he was referring to the shift cables, and you wouldn't see those unless you have pictures of where they attach to the shifter base. the original ones have two adjustments, when you buy brand new OEM ones they only have one adjustment point. pretty easy way to tell if the cables have been replaced before, provided you have the shifter boot off!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Lol they are for sure silicone man, if you look close on the pic with them installed on the reservoir, look closely at the line closest to the driver side and you'll see the words silicone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Took the VR4 to the local Houston Coffee and Cars this weekend, it was a great turnout and lots of people came up to the VR4 and asked about it.

getting her all cleaned up

current engine bay pic

GSX_TC

Thanks Jordan, yeah it felt amazing driving her again after all those months of being down.

Gizmovr4

Mike, car is looking great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

transparentdsm

nice to see the car on the roads again. looks beautiful, so what and when are you going to do something about the missing muffler?

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, yeah Im going to have a good fabricator make me a nice one off pipe eventually, but other things are more important at the moment. Custom stainless exhaust will come in time though.

turbowop

I'm glad you took some time to clean sh*t up around the engine bay while the car was down. It's little things like that that make a car stand out.

So what are you using for an exhaust for now? Downpipe only? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting turbowop:
I'm glad you took some time to clean sh*t up around the engine bay while the car was down. It's little things like that that make a car stand out.

So what are you using for an exhaust for now? Downpipe only? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks Mark, that means alot coming from an OG VR4 owner like you, yeah it's basically like 6 inches of 3 inch pipe for now till I'm done with this break in setup, then I'll make a whole exhaust from scratch using nice stainless material.

And thanks Brett, yeah hopefully all the bugs can be worked out before the Shootout. I can't wait for that drive!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Samara got her first alignment today since the new built motor and setup was installed. =)

these pics show how close the front lip was to hitting.

Dat Azzz =)

sexy sexy

ugh soo gorgeous

really like this pic for some reason

some under body shots of the Bulfab Tubular lower crossmember

Shining

badge i made for her

Then later on I decided to Install some BNIB JDM headlights that i made custom with black housings. they look pretty damm goood IMHO.

installed testing the lights

all done =)

lookin sexy at my 2nd job

boosted

good shot showing the newly installed black housings

cheekychimp

Not trying to sound like an asshole here although I know that I probably will, but I really hope you can see that that looks SO much better than it did before. The car is damn near perfect Mike!

I'm really pleased for you and I hope this helps to show you that a lot of the comments people made that upset you were from people trying to steer you towards doing what you now have done, and the results are fantastic.

Great car! You should be proud of her.

MellowVR4

looking good, where are those black housing lenses from?? amg?? Also had a weird question. I know you work at oreily's, but whats your 2nd job, just curiouse dude. cars looks sick tho man, great job.

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, she's slowly getting there, headlights are reman'd OEM ones then taken apart to have the insides painted black, these didn't actually come on any car like this.

From 5am-5pm monday through Friday I do land surveying (the guys that are behind a tripod in the middle of streets sometimes) and from 530pm to midnight I work at Oreillys. 19 hour days FTW.

MellowVR4

holy sh*t, hard working man right here lol NICE.

turbowop

Car is looking better and better, Mike. I like the headlights, though I'm still not a fan of the HID's in there.

And what is going on with the paint behind this emblem?

IMG_5637_zps4303b0e6.jpg

I don't think the whole car looks like that does it? Can you have somebody wetsand and buff all that out? Looks pretty rough.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Thanks mark, yeah I know you hate the HID's, all the paint isn't like that, it's just in some areas, keep in mind this was a 500 paint job like nearly 2 years ago. I know it's not perfect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DynastyLCD

That flexfuel e85 badge looks pretty dope!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts