The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Grey 1991 VR4 in local u-pull it yard.....what should I try to get?

ou812

Hey all....went to the local u-pull it yard last Saturday, and lo and behold....a 1991 Galant VR4. The dash plaque was gone, so I do not know the number of the car. They must have just gotten it, as very little has been removed from the car. It looked like a passenger side guardrail type wreck, with the passenger side with slight to medium damage. I believe that its complete, or nearly.

What should I get off the car, and if so, does anyone need anything? I will likely go there this Saturday and get some pics while I am there....might take the time to get some parts too, if I have time...

thanks,
Jeff

thomcasey

windshield trim, shift cables with mounting plate, heater vents that run form heater cor to under front seats (they are under the console). All those are for me. AS for anything else, grab what you can !!!

ou812

I will do my best on that stuff.....dumb question....how to remove the windshield trim? Not sure if its in decent shape or not....

The other stuff should be pretty easy to pick...

mitsuturbo

On the rear window, i need the left side trim. Mine has a ding in it. Of course, i only want it if it's in good shape with no scratches/dents. I also want the trim piece on the trunk. The black one that goes above the tails. I want the tail lights if they are in good shape.. no scuffs or cracks whatsoever. If the center piece for the tails isn't cracked in the corners, i want that as well. Basically, the entire rear tail and trim sections, i want if they're good.

coyotes

grab the valve cover if it's not cracked, the doglegs, the bumper if it's in good shape. just all the misc. stuff that you know would sell.

LIV4PSI

Dog legs, A pillars, engine harness, fuel tank and sending unit, dual piston calipers, fog lights, center console lid, fog light switch, thermostat housing, 344 front bracket, turbo/intercooler with piping, injectors, CAS, valve cover, throttle body and ECU.

All that stuff will sell easily and I'm sure you could make decent money

turbohf

center ac vents.

ou812

I am not 100% sure its Kensington Grey, or black....was about dark when I saw it, and I didnt have a light. One or the other, and not sure if the bumper is nice or not. Pretty sure it hasnt been cut but will have to check it out.

I will also get the VIN....

ktmrider

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Dog legs, A pillars, engine harness, fuel tank and sending unit, dual piston calipers, fog lights, center console lid, fog light switch, thermostat housing, 344 front bracket, turbo/intercooler with piping, injectors, CAS, valve cover, throttle body and ECU.

All that stuff will sell easily and I'm sure you could make decent money

Perfect list.

Wookalar

I'm not calling dibs however suggesting that the pedal box and HVAC boxes are galant specific and can be refurbished/rebuilt. Access to the hvac system anchor bolts requires dash removal though. I think it's a good idea to keep those pieces out of the crusher if you have the time to pull it all out. Perhaps think about also saving the turn signal stalk assembly if it isn't beat up, and that's a third the way to the steering column coming out for access to the pedal box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As far as I know dsm pedal box are not interchangeable with the e39a.

CK if it has any scarce OEM/JDM options such as rear mud flaps, slide out tray under passenger seat.

ou812

thanks....lots of great ideas here. I will check it out closer this weekend, or maybe Friday if I take the day off. I got a local buddy that wants the tranny so might be a bit of a decent sized pick on the car...lol

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
PM me the VIN when you get it.

92_talon_awd

If you get the resistor for the fan switch I'll buy it, my fan only blows on the two highest settings

Last edited:

Mr_Fielgood

Dibs on the rear steering rack assembly, sun roof trim moulding, radio antenna assembly, shift knob (if it's oem), cylinder head

All if decent condition & rust free.

Request to send photos upon pm?

thruarod

I would love a 4ws front rack, reservior, and a non peeling up dashboard. But UPS would want a firstborn son to ship those to NJ.

But the dimmer switch wouldnt be so bad if its there.

ktmrider

Quoting 92_talon_awd:
If you get the resistor for the fan switch I'll buy it, my fan only blows on the two highest settings

Not to troll but I bought a fan resistor pack at Napa for like $15 last year on 464/1000, was even in stock.

LIV4PSI

Quoting thruarod:
I would love a 4ws front rack, reservior, and a non peeling up dashboard. But UPS would want a firstborn son to ship those to NJ.

But the dimmer switch wouldnt be so bad if its there.

Is the front steering rack different?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned