The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Green/White wire/ connector in MFI relay harness

alansupra94

Can someone tell me what this is? I noticed that mine was disconnected and curious to where it goes. I noticed there was a green and white wire disconnected coming from the ECU loom but didn't want to just connect things without knowing where it went.

Thanks,
Alan

Andy_S

Not exactly sure what you're describing, but here is the place to find it:

Schematic (pg 73)

It doesn't indicate any green wires from the mpi as far as I see. I have been staring at schematics for 3 days straight though, so I might be losing my mind.

alansupra94

It isn't connected into the MPI relay but is in the harness. It even has this white connector on it but I still have no idea where it goes.

CarRacer

It is a test plug. I couldn't figure out what it was either when I was going through the harness for the swap I'm doing and Jepherz helped with the identification.

alansupra94

img.php

Now here is the green plug. WTF does it do?

img.php

Here is the other green wire. I had put a crimp on it but I can't remember why now. I traced EVERY wire that connects to the harness and everyone connects to something besides this green/white wire. I can't figure out where it goes.

The other wires with crimps on them are the RPM signal and TPS wire and I left them open for future reference.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned