The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Greddy typeS knock off help

James

So after some research after yesterday's fiasco, I did some research because I had No idea what the lower Nipple was for on this BOV. The previous owner had it capped off like a moron.

I know it can be left open or run to a dedicated boost source, my question is what should the nipple be doing. When I uncapped it it was sucking MAJOR vacuum at idle. Should it be sucking air all the time like that?

James

Wel after 3 hours of reading I've come to the conclusion that the reason the lower nipple is sucking air is because the diaphragm is ripped. New BOV on the way, guess I'll stay out of boost till it gets here.

James

i know trust me. i wouldnt spend my money on one. it was on the car when i bought it. I would use a 1b BOV before anything else!

im just slowly trying to fix the last owners mistakes.

alansupra94

I actually have a knock-off Greddy BOV with a real Greddy BOV diaphram. Found the diaphragm in the basement one day and decided to try it out. Works great.

Gombos

I've even seen the real greddy diaphrams rip quite often. Seems like some have pretty good luck with replacing the diaphram with an NGR brand diaphram though. Either way, if it were me, I'd stick with a 1g BOV until it wasn't enough, and at that point it would be either a TiAL or Turbosmart.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned