The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Flutter Dump

beaner

air stopped when the tb is slammed shut and pushed back past the compressor wheel as it continues to spin.

Barnes

I *highly* doubt it is surge.

2of9, in the video it almost looked like you can see the valve inside the BOV. Can you try to take another video of the valve itself and see what it is doing?

turbowop

Quoting Beaner:
air stopped when the tb is slammed shut and pushed back past the compressor wheel as it continues to spin.

It's not pressurized at that point, so no, that's not surge.

2of9

Definitely not surging because surging only happens in boost and I'm definitely not in boost in the videos.

As of right now, the 2g intake has nothing plugged after the 2g mas so I will plug up the holes after the 2g mas. As for the vacuum hoses, there are two on the bov and the top on is going straight to the intake manifold. the bottom hose on the bov is open. It seems like that might be the best video i can get out of the bov. I've tried different angles and you could barely see the valve and this shot is probably the best. Oh yeah, btw, this is a knock off bov /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

KiNgMaRtY

I have owned so many different BOV's and the HKS always seemed the most troublesome as far as getting it to open. Their are just so much stiffer and are harder to open. They tend to flutter down low.

I would try using another BOV or put the oem BPV back in. If it still flutters than you know that's not the issue (assuming your stock bpv is in good shape, as I had a bad fluttering stock BPV once)

Barnes

Remember guys, surge is caused by a high pressure ratio and low flow. This doesn't mean the car has to be in boost for surge to occur. Revving the motor up while still in vacuum does speed up the turbo a bit, and closing the throttle quickly will effectively make flow zero giving the turbo a chance to build up a positive pressure ratio. That being said, I highly doubt it will build a high enough pressure ratio to actually surge.

It's probably just due to the fact that the BOV is a knockoff.

2of9

Thank you guys. I got this knock off for free and the last bov i had, the diaphragm was ripped and it also had the same issue side-effects as this one did. even when we adjusted the bov's to it's lowest settings. so, never ever buy a knock bov /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned