The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got my strut tower bars on pics inside and review..

Chicago1

Well I did some reading and seen that we could use the DSM bars so I ordred a set from ebay for $42 shipped. Intsall for the front was easy since you will have to add a bolt tp where the rubber plug is as you those outer ones. For the rear install took me a little longer since I wanted it to look factory. SO I had to do a little measuring and cutting and after a few measurments I made a slit and got them in with no issues. The driver side if yoo actually look closely isn't as pretty as the passenger side but I think it came out pretty good. As far as handling it made a nice differnece . It's not a huge differnece like OMG I'm taking turns at 80 with no roll but it's feels more solid. It's tuff to tell since going from my corvette with upgraded suspension to #86 is two differnt worlds but for $38 bucks man I feel I got %100 of my monies worth. Overall I would purchase them again without hesitation. Now I just need to add my rear and front sway bar and she will feel solid. Maybe she even take on the vette in the twisties. Hmmmm time will tell. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

381gvr4

You flip the BAR upside down aka place it in front of the strut not the rear. Spin it 180* and install on the front of the strut tower... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

AnotherNewb

Quoting Chicago1:
Maybe she even take on the vette in the twisties.

I will gladly provide my assistance in testing that theory... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Chicago1

Quoting 381gvr4:
You flip the BAR upside down aka place it in front of the strut not the rear. Spin it 180* and install on the front of the strut tower... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Still wouldn't be enough room but I will check it out later...

Chicago1

Quoting AnotherNewb:
Quoting Chicago1:

I will gladly provide my assistance in testing that theory... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Come on down you can drive both

turbowop

Quoting Chicago1:

Dude...just put the bar at the front of the strut tower. It works fine.

944a90561d68dd2.jpg

Chicago1

I see just move it to the other side, durrr I didn't think about that. Engine bay is very clean need to start working on my sooner or later.

AnotherNewb

Quoting Chicago1:
Quoting AnotherNewb:
Quoting Chicago1:

Come on down you can drive both

So tempted... A nice bust ass drive across 152 from Hillsboro to Silver City through the Ghila Mnts. Over Emery Pass then back down the mountain. I know a great reasturant in Silver City, Jalisco's. Best green chile sauce I've ever had... Sorry, when I realized you were from NM I started to miss Elephant Butte Lake.

Chicago1

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting Chicago1:

Dude...just put the bar at the front of the strut tower. It works fine.

944a90561d68dd2.jpg

Edit, yeah I see what you guys where saying I checked it so I'll just add a bolt and be gtg

Last edited:

turbowop

It will work. You need to install a bolt in the front hole. Mine used to have the plugs there as well. In fact, my Cusco bar was designed to fit the other way, but my FPR gets in the way, so I run it like it is.

SouthCaliVR4

Mines for a dsm & fits fine flipped around, yes you have to add a bolt, no biggie. There are very few out there designed for the galant specifically.

Chicago1

Yeah I see what you mean now I didn't think about adding the front bolt I was like wtf but gtg now thanks guys I edited my first post I'll put the cruise back to it's normal spot.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned