The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

good shop?

4doorboost

so i live inventura county cali, and im looking for a good turbo shop for my ride. i wanan get a profeesional boost leak test and tune. does anyone know a good turbo shop.
thanks
bryce ocain

Struc

RRE x 100

Got the point yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting 4doorboost:
so i live inventura county cali, and im looking for a good turbo shop for my ride. i wanan get a profeesional boost leak test and tune. does anyone know a good turbo shop.
thanks
bryce ocain

Bryce,

As you can see, many folks here like road race engineering.

I agree with their recomendation. They were very helpfull to me when I was on the road out there over the summer and I needed a piece for my car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thing is, they are a professional shop, and as such they charge for their services.

This means you're going to be paying for some stuff you can do yourself, and that sh*t can add up with a quickness if they have to fix a buncha boost leaks and fix other sh*t before they can tune the car.

They are also quite aways south of you in santa fe springs, so you'll have some drive time involved in getting there.

I would strongly suggest you sort out as much as you can before you take it in.

Making a boost leak checker is childs play, and all the parts you need can be found at a home depot/lowes in your area. Performing this task yourself will allow you to fix all the leaks, including the ones that are time consuming to repair, leaving more of your budget for the good stuff.

Make sure the t-belt service has been done, both correctly and recently.

Change the air and fuel filters and fire in a fresh set of spark plugs.

Check all the driveline fluids and replace on condition.

Make sure the brakes/suspension are up to snuff.

... etc ...

basically, make it so all you have to pay for is sh*t you can't do yourself, and not only will it be much cheaper, you'll get more for the money you do spend.

If you're not comfortable doing these things yourself, there are some really cool members out in your area, and many of them will lend an experienced hand

... as long as there is beer in the fridge ... and mayhap a pizza if the day gets long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What do you say, SoCal members?

Anyone want to give the young man a hand?

We all started somewhere, and somebody helped us when we were first starting out.

Here's your chance to pay it forward. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned