The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

good lowering springs???????

I have H&R on Koni reds, and I like the way it handles. It took a while to get it dialed in, but it holds pretty well around corners. How low you want it depends on how you drive I guess. The previous owner of my car had this setup installed, and he DESTROYED the undercarriage. The subframes are smashed, the downpipe is smashed, and the entire exhaust is shiny on the bottom. Any lower and the impacts would have probably torn the subframe off the car (okay not really, but bent the hell out of it). All that damage, and this is one of the more moderate lowering springs!

Last edited by a moderator:

OMFGeofffff

Quoting turbofonz:
Evo8 struts w/ Tein Stechs in the front, H&R and GR-2's still in the rear. Waiting to get the rear Evo's welded up so I can put them on.

Any way you could get some pictures of this setup. The front sounds like a combo I might use in the future.

Quoting 687OF2000:
I have H&R on Koni reds, and I like the way it handles. It took a while to get it dialed in, but it holds pretty well around corners. How low you want it depends on how you drive I guess. The previous owner of my car had this setup installed, and he DESTROYED the undercarriage. The subframes are smashed, the downpipe is smashed, and the entire exhaust is shiny on the bottom. Any lower and the impacts would have probably torn the subframe off the car (okay not really, but bent the hell out of it). All that damage, and this is one of the more moderate lowering springs!

^Did he rally it or something because my car (and others) who are on full coilovers and are way lower than what an aftermarket lowering spring can get and my undercarriage is fine. Maybe that guy just can't drive? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I tried to order Jamex springs here (uk) but no-one can source them...

Ive ended up buying a full set of Evo 8 suspension for £85... so im happy with that... we'll I'll see when fitted!

thecman02

If you can find Whitelines they are pretty decent. I have a set on my car and they helped the car come alive more.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned