The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

lowering springs

mitsuturbo

I found an Eibach pro-kit in the junkyard once. I put all the springs on and the front was lowered very nicely. The rear was WAY too low. It ended up sagging and dragging exhaust a bit. I ended up swapping the prokit rear springs for a stock pair of DSM rear springs. It lowered it COMPLETELY evenly.

Worked out great for me, and my friend. Lowered my car, and it rides stiff enough with AGXs all around. His car got stiffer rear suspension and launched better with stock struts.

so they do fit, will the 1g springs lower the ride height of the car? i just want to lower the car because it sit too high right now.

SouthCaliVR4

The back end of the Galant weighs more than a TEL so for sure the rear will drop, the front may drop a bit but I wouldn't count on much. Honestly you're better off doing it the right way. H&R makes correct springs, though I had to cut like half a dead coil to loose the ass in the air stance. It still has a slight rake but wheel well gap is now even.

As far as them physically fitting, yes As for how it will sit when done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

mitsuturbo

Quoting 974gvr4:
so they do fit, will the 1g springs lower the ride height of the car? i just want to lower the car because it sit too high right now.

Considering i have 1g dsm lowering springs in front, and stock dsm springs in the rear, i'd say that a direct swap of 1g springs WILL make the car sit low in the back, high in the front.
The only reason i ended up with the setup i have now, is i found the springs in the junkyard and they only cost me $40.

mr.mitsu

I have H&R springs in the front and stock springs in the rear. Both are for a 1g Tsi. Struts are KYB AGX's.

Sits a little high still but it must be from all the weight she lost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned