The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Getting angry with car stalling at stops

Lonewolf64

You are still stalling at stops? Damn, I was hoping that would fix it. I don't have any ideas but keep it updated for when you figure it out, because my car is suffering the exact same symptoms.

deez

Yup, I must have gotten lucky on my test drive after I fixed that connection. But its died on my about 6 times since. I'm about to buy another car.

I'm sure you would have already though of this but nobody has said anything... is your bov recirculated or vented to the atmosphere? Could be as simple as a vented bov causing your problems.

deez

Its recirculated, but good call.

ktmrider

Ok, good on the recirc.
Next, what is your fuel pressure? I've seen the FPR go bad or the vac hose come off and dump too much fuel at idle.
I saw in your mods you run a chip and SAFC, is the chip burned to your current settings and/or how much is the SAFC doing? Maybe clear the SAFC and see what happens if the fuel pressure checks OK.
Last, look for vac leaks around the manifold.

Last edited:

deez

Fuel pressure should be where its supposed to be, but I will double check. I am running the Aeromotive, so I can't imagine it failing. The chip has been updated by Jeff (keydiver), and fuel trims are pretty close to 100. I checked for hoses off the manifold area once recently, everything was in place.

stevep

What are your ISC steps at warm idle?
What happens when you turn the AC on?
Idle vacuum measurement?
Any flywheel change?
You tested the voltage at the IPS with the wire connected to make sure it's functioning and the throttle body is grounded?

Mark

Do you have a lightened flywheel? I had same problem when my car was 5 spd and I have a fidanza.. Put a stock flywheel in problem went away.

Last edited:

KGVR4

Hey Deez or Lonewolf did you guys ever solve this issue? I think my galant has the exact same symptoms.

KGVR4

Nevermind, I just noticed the new thread on the subject. I guess I should have checked the Technical Discussions part of the forum first before searching and posting in the old thread.

deez

ISC reading varies from 13-15, VSPD is bouncing around which I don't know what its supposed to do when sitting still, voltage at idle is 13.9-14.0, O2-R is bouncing from .05V to .82V and everywhere in between, TPS at idle is 10.5%, vacuum at idle is about 13" (keep in mind cams), voltage at idle with ac on is 13.7 and with lights also 12.9v, and car just dies when revved with ac and/or lights on at stop. And now I am looking at the VSPD with the car off but acc. on and its still bouncing around, which seems odd. Flywheel is an ACT, so its lightened but not super light.

KGVR4

Hey Deez, you posted in the older wrong thread. Go back to your new one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

deez

duhhh......lol!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned