The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

gas tank

does anyone kno exactly what material the 8th gen vr4 galant gas tank is???
my gas tank burst and i wanna either plastic weld it or stick it but i need to kno exactly wat material it is

thanks in advance guys

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I cannot guarantee, but it is likely some form of hdpe (high density polyethylene). It may say on it somewhere in the molding marks.

Diego

First listing. RockAuto 169.xx. Theirs also a thread to get discounts too on our site in another sticky.
click

Muskrat

If it;s anything like modern plastic tanks (and I'm sure it is) it's not just one type of material, but a few different types of material that are extruded together in the blow molding process.

You can't safely patch the tank. Replace it.

ok thanks a lot guys...wat abt getting a proper glue and stickin it...a vr4 gas tank is very rare in trinidad...i presently have an evo 5 gas tank under d car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned