The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

galant with 4g67

I have problem with the waterpipe, its leaking. I just want info on how it will be taken out. Do I have to remove the exhaust manifold? How it is connected to the water pump?
Idling...bypassed the ISC, no tps(used a nut and bolt to adjust manually). Why do I have idle surge? We don't have instruments or code readers here.
Just relying on instincts.
Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

chrisfullwood

umm you have idle surge, because the computer isn't reading any voltage from the throttle position sensor, that you don't have. Those components are kind of important.
Sounds to me like an April fool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would suggest, instead of toking the water pipe.. you replace it.

Sorry. I believe it is the throttle position switch, it's beside the accelerator cable. I'm trying to replace the pipe but I don't know how to take it apart. I'm relying on your posts and the manual for instructions. Thanks a lot. It really helps.

kama1

you have to take the ex manifold first.
as for diagnostics check vfaq,should be similar to the 63.
there are a lot of 6g guys around san fernando.tintoy and caf620 are from there,they can probably help you out.

DR1665

You might want to check out OSP - Old School Pilipinas. I hear they're the go-to place for the older cars in the Philippines. Tell SonOfTheLaw I sent you, okay?

Hondakiller

The closed throttle switch runs off ground. Get a set of alligator clips and a 12v light bulb. Ground the light bulb to the switch. Positive to + batt. It should light up when throttle is closed. Or if you want to check the wire to the ECU. Ground the bulb to pin 14 on the ECU . click

I was having the same problem with idle surge. Thought it was the CTS but wasn't. They are like $170.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned