The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant N/T use same ECU case as vr4

BoostedAWD91

I was just wondering if all the non turbo Galant's use the same ecu case as the vr4's? i need to switch my extra Eprom ecu to a galant case from a DSM and the local junk yard has 2 N/T galants in it.

91GSR

they are close but not quite the same. the plugs that go into the ecu r different so the holes are a different shape. im sure it can be made to fit but iirc they arent precisely the same. terry would be the main guy to answer i suppose...he deals with more ecus than anyone lol

91GSR

hmm...i had a gsr so maybe it was different for the fwd and awd cars...

cspetros

Quoting Andy_S:
I know for sure that between a ggsx and a vr4, the ecu cases are identical.

My G-GSX and G-GS (FWD) have the exact same casing type. I'm 99% certain that the one in my LS is the same too.

Last edited:

91GSR

maybe they are the same. i seem to remember them being shaped different but i havent looked at one in about 4 months so...ya

toybreaker

iconoclast
The case bottom determines how the ecu will mount to the car. (i.e. three bolts from the sides (dsm) or two from the bottom and rubber snubbers up top, (galant))

The ecu board mounts to the case bottom.

The 1g t/e/l and Galant have different case bottoms.

All galants have the same case bottom.

t/e/l case bottoms are different.

Any case cover fits any bottom, but some case covers are cut for a different plug configuration.

Therefore, a=b and the hypotanooserfictation of the transberse angle decrees...

Find any galant bottom, put the correct cover on, and you're good to go.

( hint t/e/l turbo covers will work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Get it?

Got it?

Good!

/end thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have a 90 dsm eeprom ecu in a galant case that I got from the junkyard (either ls, or maybe gsr, I cant remember). It worked wihtout any problems at all.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned