The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant GSX fuel pump size

James

I'm not sure why it never occurred to me that one of my problems may indeed be fuel. My mods are far from out running the stock turbo 4g63 fuel pump but are the non turbo fuel pumps smaller/push less? It doesn't matter so much anymore since I'm upgrading shortly but it would be nice for general knowledge.

James

Nobody?

LIV4PSI

Honestly, the stock turbo fuel pump still sucks and shouldn't be ran above stock boost. It at least should be rewired. I believe the flow rates are different. Also, the fpr is definitely different, so your car is also lacking the proper fuel pressure.

Turbo 132
Non turbo 102

RRE fuel pump flow charts

James

I don't see the difference between turbo model and non turbo model fuel pumps on that list?

I'm still on stock wastegate pressure so the stock pump is fine (assuming it flows as well as the turbo pump)

LIV4PSI

Sorry, I thought the two 1g pumps listed were turbo and non turbo. Now I see the part numbers are the same, just the voltage is different.

Last edited:

James

^^^ regardless that is good information to have around, I bookmarked it

LIV4PSI

My thoughts are without a rewire, your car isn't seeing the 14 volts, so it may only be at 100lph anyways. Hopefully someone a little more advanced in knowledge will chime in.

If you haven't already found a pump, I have some WRX and STI ones lying around. They are physically identical and I bet they flow closer to the 150lph range.

James

I got a buddy sending me his 255 with a AFPR, I just worked my way into the fuel pump area to spray down the fittings.

I can't got WOT due to boost creep/fuel cut but at about 80% throttle to redline my o2 red .85-.89. My understanding is that that's lean.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned