The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fusebox Relocation?

prestonztt

I have seen a couple examples but wanted to see/know what was done. The fusebox harness that runs underneath the radiator support seems really long to stuff under the wheel well. It seems like it would be a good place.

I dont want to extend/cut any wires if I dont have to. Im sure there is somewhere I can stuff all the wires at, but I just wanted to know what other people did.

Boost4U

If you want to move It, there will be cutting and soldering. My advise, don't do it. I put mine where the abs used to be. That big harness you're talking about is about 50ish wires some 18 gauge some 8. It's a real pita. The fuse box isn't in the way of anything. I'll post pics of mine if you want. It looks good but too much work. I'll never go through it again. I had to shorten about 45 wires and lengthen another 5ish for the Pass lights. Almost forgot, there is a connector with 6 wires in it, it had places for more wires, I had to extend them too.

15psi88

Here's mine:
DSCF7031.jpg

I had to add about 14" to each wire. I'm going to do it again here soon. The wiring harness wraps around the radiator support and then back in. I hope to run the harness directly across the firewall under the dash to eliminate all that wire in the engine bay.

Specter

Quoting Boost4U:
If you want to move It, there will be cutting and soldering. My advise, don't do it. I put mine where the abs used to be. That big harness you're talking about is about 50ish wires some 18 gauge some 8. It's a real pita. The fuse box isn't in the way of anything. I'll post pics of mine if you want. It looks good but too much work. I'll never go through it again. I had to shorten about 45 wires and lengthen another 5ish for the Pass lights. Almost forgot, there is a connector with 6 wires in it, it had places for more wires, I had to extend them too.

I am very much interested in the pics. Kindly post them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Boost4U

Sorry it took me so long to get these pictures up. I have been working stupid hours.
Here is the mess that was the stock harness pulled mostly out the engine bay.
dee615dc.jpg

Then I place the fuse box where I wanted it and pulled the extra length of harness into the fender well, LABELED and cut the wires. I instantly regretted that choice.
db8a01cd.jpg

Here is where it sits now.
275dacff.jpg

d61e8bac.jpg

This is the plug I was talking about that has 6 wires running through it and I had to extend.
00205fc2.jpg

These are the wires that actually need to be run across to the pass side.
08fa7df2.jpg

Relocated alternator
569bcdcf.jpg

I used the grommet that is next to the brake booster to run my wires for the starter and alt.
25db6589.jpg

Here is the harness back together under the fender ready to be put back in place.
371ba152.jpg

This is a picture of everything pretty much where it will be but once I'm done it will be cleaned up and not a mess.
7af3b693.jpg

I still need to finish the batt relocation and figure out what I'm going to do with the fuses that go on the batt post. probably replace it with a fuse block somewhere by the fuse box.
hope this helps. I will post some finished pictures when and if I ever finish.
-Randy

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned