The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The rebuild of 808/2000

Chad989of2000

Looking real good...that 1G was very nice, can't wait to see the GVR4 final product.

Thanks guys. Seeing the pics of the 1g really makes me miss it. It was time to move on anyways though lol. It wasnt a plan to pick up a gvr4. The plan was to get an evo and go with it. The bug bit me though on this gvr4, all I had to do was trade my bike, why not? lol

bobdole

wow very clean 1g. The Galant is going to be sick then. Expectation are high now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

haha, yea, I know, especially now since I posted those pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

All I can say is wow........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Terrance362

Tsi guy you I just have one good question??? Why did you get rid of the that tsi. I loved that car, I am feeling some kind of way now. I remember when you water pump went out at the shootout last year. Damn but it is nice to see that you have gotten a GVR4. Cool I cant wait to see it done.

The talon was parted out due to the carbon hood coming up on me. It didnt do a whole lot of damage actually, but it was enough to get me to part her out and move on.

3rdstrikedsm

Evo is better,faster and more reliable than all of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Def. true! lol

Evo costs me 300 a month though, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

turbowop

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
Evo is better,faster and more reliable than all of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Certainly isn't as unique though. I could have an Evo. I choose my GVR4 instead.

haha

Nothing to update yet. I am waiting on the harnesses that I will be getting on thrusday. I am hoping this weekend, I will really be making a TON of progress.

I got a 1g mishimoto radiator coming as well. I will make some brackets for the top posts. I am already running a 1g thermostat housing. I am on the hunt for a fmic setup. It sucks there is really no kits out there other than the ets. I dont wanna throw so much money into a fmic on this build yet. I have a Buschur core that was on the car. I just gotta get some pipe cut and welded. Only problem there, a buddy who does all my welding, isnt taking on any work right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope I can talk him into taking a sat afternoon and just weld some pipes for me. I hope! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I did de-grease the front subframe and all today, before the storms hit. I will get a coat of paint on it tomorrow, then it will be ready to lift back into the body. Still got a lot ahead of me, but this weekend is it! I am gonna get sh*t done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On the evo subject, imo, its plain and simple. The evo is a better car. I love my evo. BUT, you have to shell out some dough for a nice one. Which is always a downside. Thats my only arguement. I love my evo and always will, but then I love to be able to tear down the dsms/gvr4's too, and make them like new!

Last edited by a moderator:

3rdstrikedsm

I love them all and have owned them all multiple times however from pure performance stand point it's evo by a country mile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting tsidrift1:
haha

Nothing to update yet. I am waiting on the harnesses that I will be getting on thrusday. I am hoping this weekend, I will really be making a TON of progress.

I got a 1g mishimoto radiator coming as well. I will make some brackets for the top posts. I am already running a 1g thermostat housing. I am on the hunt for a fmic setup. It sucks there is really no kits out there other than the ets. I dont wanna throw so much money into a fmic on this build yet. I have a Buschur core that was on the car. I just gotta get some pipe cut and welded. Only problem there, a buddy who does all my welding, isnt taking on any work right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope I can talk him into taking a sat afternoon and just weld some pipes for me. I hope! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I did de-grease the front subframe and all today, before the storms hit. I will get a coat of paint on it tomorrow, then it will be ready to lift back into the body. Still got a lot ahead of me, but this weekend is it! I am gonna get sh*t done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On the evo subject, imo, its plain and simple. The evo is a better car. I love my evo. BUT, you have to shell out some dough for a nice one. Which is always a downside. Thats my only arguement. I love my evo and always will, but then I love to be able to tear down the dsms/gvr4's too, and make them like
new!

Carl is not taking any work anymore? Wtf? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

He took on some big wiring job. He told me he isnt takin on any more work, cause he is backed up as it is. I am willing to bet, he will work me in to weld some pipes if I really need to.

I just gotta get the motor in and intake mani on, so I can get an idea of what kinda pipes I need to run. Im either gonna run an evo 9 bov or 1g. Whichever I find first. lol

You need to check and see if you got any evo mafs, or bovs laying around! lol

3rdstrikedsm

No dice just a broken one so that won't be of any use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

blacksheep

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
I love them all and have owned them all multiple times

So, have I... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hopefully Evo #5 is on the docket soon...

3rdstrikedsm

Haha I just sold evo #5 in hopes of buying a gt500 but it's a bit out of my range right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif so what happened to your hopes of a new 5.0?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned