The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The rebuild of 808/2000

Time for some updates! So.... the subframe is back in, after a fresh coat of semi gloss black paint of course. I got the brake booster back in and some other things ran. Most importantly, the wiring came today! I got the wiring for the galant finally. Tonight, I got the chassis harness pretty much done. I am still waiting on my little zip-tie push clip things to hold the harness down to the core support, etc. But, so far, so good! Its looking pretty good. IM gonna wait to put the engine harness in after the motor is set in place, sometime next week.

For those of you wondering about the black on the bottom half of the core support. I painted that with the truck bed coating stuff. I learned from my qg build, that a white bottom core support, just sucks to keep look nice. It gets chipped from fmic installs, removing bumpers, rocks etc. So I sprayed this on, which I dont think looks bad at all, and will help hide all the chip and whatnot.
pics:

$200 worth of harness! lol
DSC03743.jpg

DSC03744.jpg

DSC03739.jpg

DSC03740.jpg

DSC03741.jpg

DSC03742.jpg

DSC03745.jpg

DSC03746.jpg

DSC03747.jpg

DSC03748.jpg

Got some more done. I am kinda at a standstill until I get more parts. I got a 1g mishimoto radiator. Well, when it sits in the lower radiator mounts, obviously its, not perfectly centered. Well, I want to keep this buschur short route intercooler on, so i had to remove the old radiator mounts and move them over just about an inch.

DSC03756.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

DSC03758.jpg

Finished!
DSC03759.jpg

1g mishimoto, perfectly centered!
DSC03753.jpg

I went to the local scrapyard on yesterday. I was hoping to find some 93 headlights. I was not so lucky, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I did find the much needed positive battery harness that I needed. I also got a new hood release cable too. I want the engine bay to be super clean. For that, I need all the gold/zinc colored bolts like they were new. Perfect place to find these bolts? Under the dash of all the mitsu's. No matter how old they are, the bolts and nuts under there are all still that nice gold color! So I scrounged as many as I could yesterday. I would have gotten more, but I got to the yard an hr before they closed.
DSC03763.jpg

DSC03754.jpg

DSC03755.jpg

Alex

Hey Anthony its Alex from Fb/907dsm from tuners... dude this is going to be soo amazing if you weren't selling it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.... Want to come to Alaska to paint my Talon??? Haha the weather is amazing up here right now.

haha, thanks man. I woujld really like to keep it. I jsut cant afford to build it to my satisfaction. Sure, i could continue my budget build for it, but I hate to do that. When I build a car, I like to do it the right way. I just dont have the funds to go and do this galant like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If I were to sell my evo 9, I would have plenty of money to get this galant to what I want. Problem is....selling the evo is not soo easy lol. I ask myself, should I sell the evo.... again?? Every time I have sold an evo to continue with my 1g dsm that I had, I just turned right around and got another evo. lol

I feel I have my hands on a very nice, well modded evo right now. I would hate to let it go. Soon enough, evos are gonna be harder and harder to find in good shape.

I wish I could get what I wanted for the car as it is. Unfortunately, I havnt had anyone serious about the car. So this is gonna force me to part it out. i wont do a full part out for every little piece, but like my 1g, sell the shell, motor, any aftermarket part, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

GSX_TC

Haha dam that's smart man about the bolts

GSX_TC

Hey man I pm'd you about the JDM headlights and corners you were selling, how come you didn't reply back?

LOOKS AMAZING!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts