The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fully Automatic HVAC - interior temperature sensor

Ali_6306

Hi,

I've got hold of fully automatic HVAC with all parts/wiring except the interior temperature sensor. It is placed on the roof, and incase there's a sunroof, there's two of these on either side of the sunroof. I've spent days searching on the net for the part number, but no success.

Will appreciate if someone can share the part number.

Thank you!

fuel

once I get home from work I will check in CAPS for you.

Cheers

misterfixit

Both cars with and without have only one.

If you drop the headliner there is a little square dimple to show you where to cut.

In answer as to what the sensor is. If you can get one out of any mitsu from that perion you'll be set. Pajeros and Delicas used them too.

They might have different part numbers, but that is just for the wire lengths.

You'll need to snag the metal stiffener that is glued to the back side of the headliner also.

Part number for the sensor is MB657016/MB726470 Sensor, room Temperature. For the galant.

Hope this helps,

Rich

Ali_6306

Hi Rich,

As usual, great help. I can't find anyone selling new ones, so I guess will have to look in scrap market.

I will also refer to the source and confirm whether there's two of these on the models with sunroof.

Cheers!

Ali

misterfixit

Look at my green Car rebuild thread.
That has a sunroof. There is only one. My silver car has no sunroof, that also has only one.

If you look at the how to index thread I made the Full auto A/C wiring diagram is there. There is also only one on that.

Cheers

Rich

Ali_6306

With your hands-on experience, you gotta be right. I verified that I got mislead by the documentation where it refers to two grips (D63 & D64) for interior temperature sensor in models with sunroof. Document image:

Ali_6306

Well, thank you again Rich! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have found this website that will confirm in 2 to 3 days whether a new part can be arranged. Looking Forward!

Regards,

Ali!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned