The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Confused - Aeromotive A1000 to stock fuel return line ....

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Have an Aeromotive A1000 AFPR.
-6an in/ -6an out (sorted)
-4an return (problem)

Shop sent me a -4an (o-ring) to 1/8" male flare that then couples to the next fitting which is a 1/8" female flare w/pushlock on the opposite side.

I need to fit to stock 3/16" standard metal line on my CSM, so this is obviously too small and I confirmed this on the vehicle. I have new hose/old hose and I measured.

Is this a common problem?

What is the easiest solution that most people get with an AFPR kit/return line kit?

I would ideally like the middle of the three fitting as shown below, but it doesn't say it it is 1/8" or 3/16" like factory return lines/hoses, and I have not found this separate anywhere on the net, albeit with limited searching.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Should I see if the fitting is available separately from STM or is there another site that does offer those parts separately.
This part does not have to be a barb fitting like I got, it is simply for lose pressure return and a hose clamp and hump on the fitting should suffice.

mikus

^ yep, adapter > fuel hose > GOOD clamp onto stock line is your barebones setup here.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Like Mike said- I used the same -6 hose with fitting at the regulator, and clamped it on the return tube.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
So, that means you guys are using an adapter like in the STM picture, that has the -6an o-ring side/regular 3/16" rubber hose side?

img.php

AnotherNewb

No, they are using the AN fitting on the return port, using another AN fitting on the rubber hose for the return on one side of the line and slipping the hose on to the hard line and using a good clamp. One thing I have noticed is that -8 fuel line fits the hard line a little loose so a GOOD clamp is a must and maybe even two.

Lucas03ES

click

I used this piece on my vr4 and works great with the stock return line. I found it cheaper on ebay though just search the part number

broxma

I used a -6 fitting and about 8 feet of SS line. I cut the return line near the rear axles, flared it, and used a fuel injection clamp on it. Never had a problem.

/brox

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Great information guys.
I think I will try to find the fitting that Lucas03ES posted, seeing as it should keep things tight.
You guys have really helped out, thank you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned