The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: GT3076 rle - SOLD!!!

992gnt

*****NEEDS REBUILT******

Big ole GT30 for sale, needs a new CHRA. This is NOT an ebay/chinese piece. FP quoted me $1157 for a new CHRA, the turbo new runs $1,999 on sale from FP. Get a like new GT30 for less than $1,500 and a little work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

That's too much for a new chra. I've found legit garrett BB chras in that size for 200 less. This isn't meant to disparage you. If the chra is cheaper elsewhere it may actually help you sell it.

992gnt

Good to know, thanks. I didn't look long since even at a couple hundred less its more than I want to put into it. The turbo is too big for my needs anyway.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
PICS please.

992gnt

I will get all the pertinent info and pictures put up tonight.

992gnt

Here are the pics. There is one manifold bolt hole that is buggered up, the other three are good. Shaft play is around 1/16"in each direction radially (1/8" total or so, maybe more) and probably about 3/32" to 1/8" axially. Inducer does not appear to be damaged badly (maybe a bit "worn"), and the housing is not chewed up. The CHRA bearing is noisy, and when spun slowly, sounds like the wheel of fortune - clicky clicky click click click. Cold side is an a/r .60, and the only marking I can find on the hotside is the Precision logo. The o2 housing is a 2g piece. Looks like a great candidate for a rebuild (in my very unprofessional opinion).

Video link so you can hear it spin down is here: Click That is just the turbo, the engine is off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned