The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Go Away People

strokin4dr

That was the original plan, so why would having the proper bracing drive the price up even higher? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

JSchleim18

^^There was no set price...just an estimate. After the hood was completed, he based the price off of the labor, materials, and time involved. I really don't know how much different the time or labor or materials for that matter would be to just have used the JDM skeleton?

I agree with Jeremy. You guys claimed you were going to do one thing but then you made something different.

Regardless, I still want a cf trunk and along with Slugs I want a cf hood mainly for weight savings and ventilation so as soon as I get back into the work force these two parts are at the top of my list after a new ems.

I think they look great judging by the pics. Thanks.

CarRacer

The reason they used the USDM bracing is money.

They didn't want to spend the money on making another mold to recreate the JDM bracing in fiberglass. They figured they could cut corners and use the USDM bracing.

Flip4G63

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif So what happens now?? I put a down payment for a replica. that underside is all cut up. if i wanted a cut hood i could have picked up a stock hood and put vents in it my self....

i'm gonna have to think about if i'm going to get one or not. i'm REALLY not happy with that cut up skel.

Last edited:

Quoting CarRacer:
The reason they used the USDM bracing is money.

They didn't want to spend the money on making another mold to recreate the JDM bracing in fiberglass. They figured they could cut corners and use the USDM bracing.

Yes from what I read that appears to be the case. Either way though it still does what its meant to and thats protect the engine, allow ventilation and decrease weight.

JSchleim18

Quoting Flip4G63:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif So what happens now?? I put a down payment for a replica. that underside is all cut up. if i wanted a cut hood i could have picked up a stock hood and put vents in it my self....

i'm gonna have to think about if i'm going to get one or not. i'm REALLY not happy with that cut up skel.

I am waiting to hear back from him. I called him 2 times and e-mailed him. I am seeing what we can do about this situation.

I am going to post a poll later to see who wouldn't mind paying for one of the current hoods and who would want the real ones.

Jeremy, I will call you tomorrow and I will also respond to everybody. We are in meetings with our CPA today to finalize taxes.

clipse90gsx

i dont know what list to copy and past so i just got the one from where everyone
that put in a deposit. im still going to get one so im sending the rest of the money
now for one.

1. JSchleim18 (Jeremy)
2. Jesse_W (Jesse)
3. TMG (Jojo)
4. Armitage (Matt)
5. Flip4g63 (Phillip)
6. ktmrider (Mike O.)
7. strokin4dr (Ryan C.)
8. Thecman02 (Chris)
9. Hertz (Ryan)
10.Myles (JEW)
11 Sean92AWD (Sean W.)
12 Jcgalantvr4-244
13 Jcgalantvr4-244
14. maroonmetallic (Shawn)
15. slugsgomoo (Andrew)
16. boostingwild (Moe)
17. Gvr4-330 (Rob)
18. Shiskibob
19. clipse90gsx (Joshua) FULLY PAID!

Flip4G63

Quoting JSchleim18:
Quoting Flip4G63:

I am waiting to hear back from him. I called him 2 times and e-mailed him. I am seeing what we can do about this situation.

I am going to post a poll later to see who wouldn't mind paying for one of the current hoods and who would want the real ones.

I'm fine with the one piece deal not what we where told but what ever it looks good. what i hate is how the frame rails are CUT looks like it was done with a drimmel none the less. if i'm paying 600bucks for a hood i want it to look good on both sides.

ktmrider

Quoting Garfield Wright:
I hope I didn't come off wrong. I wasn't knocking the fact that it's done & that I won't buy one. Just pointing out that a 3 piece was what was discussed & agreed on, that's all. The hood looks great & a big thanks to Jeremy & HiRev for getting this done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. It took a lot of effort on a few people's part to pull this off. So thanks again for getting this made. The communication was not there when the executive decision was made to use the existing usdm skeleton.

I'm gonna +1/swing on GW's comment.
The decision to change from the 3 piece description and not notifying ( at least ) the deposit payers and Jeremy was ill conceived.
I personally don't mind it but also completely agree with those who are upset. Shoulda asked us first Kamil...

I just spoke with the manufacturer and he could make a new underside with the seperate threaded vents, but unfortunately it would cost $85-$100 more. I understand there was a miscommunication part on our side, but who actually wants to pay that much for a hood for a dsm or galant. We make cheap, affordable parts for that community, we know the expectations and like I said earlier this is not our bread and butter so we do not care about making profit from this, but we care about is not being negative from 3 projects. You guys wanted oem hoods at first and nothing sold, then you wanted oem trunks and nothing sold. How do I know that if we try to make what you really want, we will really sell those pieces? Please let me know and I will do whatever possible to get this done. Honestly, the manufacturer does not want to make any more parts for the galant community, but I have made him believe in you guys so let me know.

JSchleim18

Please don't let this ruin our relationship with the manufacturer. Tell them it was your mistake. I am down for a new underside for that price. IMO, this is a very rare part and I don't want any skimping. Please don't place us as a "whole" with the DSM crowd. I am not cheap by no means and I wanted the piece to be perfect. I'll pay up for that piece. Is it going to be a 3 piece? I assume not but I'm not worried about that. I was worried about the hack job underneath.

I am going to make a poll in anything goes for the people who are interested in paying more.

Last edited:

Flip4G63

Some of us arnt cheap ass's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

When will they be ready? keep my deposit for the NEW improved hood.

As for me i dont care if its a three piece hood or one. I think it looks good i just want a good bottom side. I think the current one looks like a POS sorry but it does.

Edit.. and as said in the post above. i agree 100%

Last edited:

Is there any way to lessen the cost of product by making the underside part with black fiberglass rather than cf? I'm not sure how that works but is regular fiberglass cheaper than cf? If no one sees it and it blends in then maybe thats a way to save some money.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

ktmrider

Quoting kamilatHirev:
I just spoke with the manufacturer and he could make a new underside with the seperate threaded vents, but unfortunately it would cost $85-$100 more. I understand there was a miscommunication part on our side, but who actually wants to pay that much for a hood for a dsm or galant. We make cheap, affordable parts for that community, we know the expectations and like I said earlier this is not our bread and butter so we do not care about making profit from this, but we care about is not being negative from 3 projects. You guys wanted oem hoods at first and nothing sold, then you wanted oem trunks and nothing sold. How do I know that if we try to make what you really want, we will really sell those pieces? Please let me know and I will do whatever possible to get this done. Honestly, the manufacturer does not want to make any more parts for the galant community, but I have made him believe in you guys so let me know.

Kamil this bothers me on a few levels:
You took deposits for a JDM RS hood in carbon fiber. You did NOT produce this product but instead you made an assumption and gave us what you and your manufacturer was best for YOU and not what the customers were told they would get.
The first pictures you published were only of the top then were semi-vague about underside shots. Even when the undersides were posted you had to be called out before "admitting" to the change.
Heck for that matter it almost seems like the manufacturer just cut some holes in the existing USDM molds!
Sorry for the rant, it just stuck in my craw that you made an apology and excuse all in the same sentence. Like Flip and a few others mentioned we did not put deposits on a price, we put them on a product...

Last edited:

strokin4dr

If these can be made in the originally planned 3-piece design with a matching underside, I am still definately down for one (and a trunk), but I am not feeling the one piece design at all; even though it looks pretty good.

ktmrider

Just a reference on what we might pay for a JDM RS hood: click
The price for this one including shipping is about $510. That does NOT include the repaint and other minor issues that will most likely come ( dent removal, etc ).
So your pricing at $580 shipped is absofiggin-lutely outstanding! It's also a reason I would pay another hundred or so bucks to get a better molded/looking part.
Again not looking to bash on your extremely hard and appreciated work to date, just communicate with your customers more closely and don't keep putting up excuses.

boostingwild

yea .. you can hold on to my deposit also and let me know if you guys recreate a new hold with new jdm skeleton. thanks ill check back soon for more updates

JSchleim18

Quoting ktmrider:
Just a reference on what we might pay for a JDM RS hood: click
The price for this one including shipping is about $510. That does NOT include the repaint and other minor issues that will most likely come ( dent removal, etc ).
So your pricing at $580 shipped is absofiggin-lutely outstanding! It's also a reason I would pay another hundred or so bucks to get a better molded/looking part.
Again not looking to bash on your extremely hard and appreciated work to date, just communicate with your customers more closely and don't keep putting up excuses.

100% Agree

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned