The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Go Away People

Rausch

^ See, perfect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JSchleim18

first post is updated with pricing

JDM Carbon Fiber Hood: $580 Shipped click
JDM Carbon Fiber Trunk: $495 Shipped

BUY THEM BOTH FOR $100 OFF THE TOTAL PURCHASE OR $975 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Payments need to be sent to [email protected]

**PLEASE PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING**

With your paypal payments please include:

Full Name
Address
Phone Number (optional but preferred just in case)

FOR PEOPLE WHO MADE DEPOSITS:

*please copy the list and write PAID at the end of your name when you have made a payment*

Last edited:

For people who will paint their hoods- we have two that have minor weave problems only on the vent and the hood is fine. We can do $490 shipped on the damaged ones and remember we only have two of them.

PLease start making remaining payments on your purchases. We will send out the hoods first come first serve, actually first pay first serve basis. We can probably crank out 1 hood per 7 days so make sure your payments get in on time.

Please include your screen name and full info in your paypal.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the hood.

Last edited by a moderator:

JSchleim18

IMPORTANT:

The 2% problem was the damage from shipping and little dings on the oem hood which transferred over to the original mold. The vent is actually molded onto the hood and it looks just like the oem. If you wanted the vent to separate from the hood we would have to use dry carbon and a lot more fabrication to get teh threaded studs there. Then the hood would be between $1200-$1400. Dry carbon is very expensive; we have done couple projects with that and nobody else ever bought these parts because of the cost.

slugsgomoo

so if i pay the remaining $480 will my hood get shipped out this week? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, you wouldn't happen to have the JDM RS metal hood weight versus the new CF hotness weight would you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

I was kinda hoping this would be 3-piece.. Is there a way to get partial down payment back?

If not, I'll buy it but hope to sell it prior to receiving it.

-Shawn

strokin4dr

Quoting maroonmetallic:
I was kinda hoping this would be 3-piece.. Is there a way to get partial down payment back?

If not, I'll buy it but hope to sell it prior to receiving it.

-Shawn

+1 This was brought up before the ball got rolling. Disappointed.

Quoting JSchleim18:
OK Kamil says they WILL BE 3 PIECES! Also, price will be approx $80-$100 more than OEM because it's 3 separate molds.

Why were the plans changed without us being updated? These deposits were for a 3-piece hood.

Post some better pics and some shots of the underside. Hopefully we can at least still mount up the stock jdm heat shield and fire blanket.

JSchleim18

I am checking into all of this. I thought these were going to be three pieces as well. I thought the only problem with people wanting the hood to be three pieces was because it would have a "flush" look to it. I personally didn't think it was a problem. I apologize for that but I only knew about this recently. Anything I heard I relayed it to you guys. I didn't hold anything back: read starting from the bottom.

I have the close ups of the one with blemishes on the vents. I didn’t realize it was so important for people to be able to take those off. My manufacturer told me it was impossible with wet carbon and at that price. Keep in mind that the white residue on the pictures is buffing compound.

Thank you,

Kamil@hirev

-Owner-
[email protected]
www.hirevperformance.net

Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:53 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: GVR-4 Hood

I won't have a problem with the one piece design of the hood. Do you have a close-up of the hood vents and how they "sit" on the hood. Are they flush? I really need to see a pic of that. Thanks.

--- On Wed, 1/28/09, [email protected] < [email protected] > wrote:

Subject: RE: GVR-4 Hood
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 5:35 PM

The 2% problem was the damage from shipping and little dings on the oem hood which transferred over to the original mold. The vent is actually molded onto the hood and it looks just like the oem. If you wanted the vent to separate from the hood we would have to use dry carbon and a lot more fabrication to get teh threaded studs there. Then the hood would be between $1200-$1400. Dry carbon is very expensive; we have done couple projects with that and nobody else ever bought these parts because of the cost.
--
Hi-Rev Performance
www.hirevperformance.net
[email protected]

> I'm sorry to PM you and e-mail at the same time but I have a couple
> questions:
>
> Did the 2% problem get fixed? What was it exactly? How do the vents mount
> to the hood? Same way as factory? Will you supply the hardware? I just
> know these questions will come up some time so I'll ask em now. Thanks bud
>

JSchleim18

Quoting clipse90gsx:
What about the people that put a $100 deposit on it? Is it still 580$ or do we take 100 off of that?

It's $100 off that price so the balance will be $480.

If you guys want I will talk to the manufacturer and have him give it a try with the existing piece, but the price will definitely change due to more fab work. Maybe that is the reason why the last guy could not complete the jdm hood for you guys. He realized that it's impossible to have it as a true 3 piece using wet carbon.

$580 includes your deposit so you only have to pay the difference.

JSchleim18

**PLEASE NOTE: These are the pics of the weave problems on 2 of the hoods**

Last edited:

DarkDevilMMM

the "weave problems" don't seem that bad in the pics. hell, I have seen some CF civic/prelude hood that got those all over the places on a flat surface.

Ralli380Gvr4

underside pics?

strokin4dr

I reason why I was all about getting a 3 piece design was because I will be painting mine. I wanted to be able to spray the factory color on the hood and then insert the gel coated cf vents in it for that flawless, non-stick-on vent look. With the one piece design, it wound have to be taped up and the transition from paint to cf would just be a tape line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gay2.gif

JSchleim18

Underside shot

Kamil said he's working with the manufacturer to try to make the 3-piece design using the wet carbon...so please be patient.

THEKID

pm sent

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned