The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Go Away People

strokin4dr

If you search the thread that question has been answered multiple times already.

JSchleim18

From the manufacturer:

"Received the hood today. It was slightly damaged. One of the
corners was slightly bent. I think it will be repairable. I will send pics
later on today.
I will start on the hood asap."

I will check out the pics once they are sent my way.

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting JSchleim18:
Quoting cOmpressor:
Trusting them to pack it FTL but good luck and I hope this works out for all involved.

I've dealt with them on numerous occasions and he asked if I wanted to see the packaging, etc. after it was all done and I told him I trust him. I'd rather them do it honestly.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/madgay.GIF

JSchleim18

I am not gonna cry about it because sh*t happens. I can't blame the packager. I'd rather throw the blame on Fedex because they have a known history of messing up.

*UPDATE*: The hood is gonna get fixed by the repair shop and he said it is a good hood to use for the mold!

Last edited:

Any idea how long it will take to get fixed now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

JSchleim18

I couldn't imagine it would take any longer than a week. Hell, maybe it'll be done before the weekend??? I'll ask him.

Kamil himself is away on vacation til the new year but he still has access to e-mail.

thecman02

Pshewww.... hopefully all turns out well.... we don't want our mad tyte jdm hoods to not sit right because of bad hood.

JSchleim18

Yeah I'd be pretty upset too but Kamil assured me it is good to use. So WE WILL be using my hood to make em. I just hope he makes em "perfect"!!

Sean92AWD

Yeah so do i. My JDM hood was picked up today.

clipse90gsx

1. JSchleim18 (Jeremy)
2. Jesse_W (Jesse) PAID!
3. TMG (Jojo) PAID
4. Armitage (Matt) PAID
5. Flip4g63 (Phillip) PAID
6. ktmrider (Mike O.) PAID
7. strokin4dr (Ryan C.) PAID!!!
8. Thecman02 (Chris) PAID
9. Hertz (Ryan) PAID
10.Myles (JEW) PAID
11 Sean92AWD (Sean W.) PAID
12 Jcgalantvr4-244 PAID
13 Jcgalantvr4-244 PAID
14. maroonmetallic (Shawn) PAID!
15. slugsgomoo (Andrew) PAID
16. boostingwild (Moe) PAID
17. Gvr4-330 (Rob) PAID
18. Shiskibob PAID
19. clipse90gsx (Joshua) PAID!

streetmasters

I got through pages 1-4 and gave up. I just wanted to say about the shipping for the hoods:

I had a shop for 4 years and in the beginning I had problems with getting damaged carbon fiber hoods and it became a hassle.

This all ended when I started dealing with VIS racing! They packaged their hoods so well it took me over a half an hour to unrap.
They used extended 1/4 inch plywood that extedned from the corners (these broke off often from other companies but vis protected the corners good with the plywood) and the wood was bolted to the hood where the stock holes are for the hinges. Also ther was foam all around and nothing touched or went near the cardboard, then wrapped like crazy to protect the finish.

I am still deciding about getting a hood for myself but just thought I would add my two cents; I am sure your guy is good but any shop owner knows that shipping companies suck and would hate to be reading about busted hoods.

Hope all goes well with the hoods and I cant wait to see them! PACKAGE them GOOD!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

jcgalntvr4-244

Updates?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

JSchleim18

I haven't heard anything yet about them. I'm gonna wait til after new years to give him another e-mail.

Sean92AWD

Yeah im chillin without a hood currently. Still need too see what the deal is with the trunk discount as well.

strokin4dr

^+1000

JSchleim18

Kamil is hoping to see the first hood in 10 business days. He also said HE WILL DISCOUNT PEOPLE $100 WITH A PURCHASE OF HOOD AND TRUNK.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned