The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Go Away People

THEKID

raul please email me the tracking number i lost the paper i wrote them down on

how long would it take for me to recieve a hood and trunk when i bought them, im located in pa.

Armitage

I finished with the hood pins this weekend. Wasn't too painful, just have to be sure to mask everything off so you don't damage the finish of the hood. Dremel with router attachment cuts CF/Fiberglass like a hot knife through butter.

DSC00345.sized.jpg

More pics here: click

Click the image twice to get the full 8MP resolution. Sorry it's cloudy out right now so they're kinda low contrast, and the car is already covered with pollen and flower petals that're flying through the air /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

How many of you have installed the hoods? Can we get some feedback on fitment and quality? Thanks

Armitage

Quoting kamilatHirev:
How many of you have installed the hoods? Can we get some feedback on fitment and quality? Thanks

Fitment is just about spot on without any adjustment required. If you look at the high res pics in the link I posted you should be able to get a good idea of the fitment. I had a little issue with my safety latch not lining up with the catch on the hood, but I was able to adjust it to work. I had previously hacked up the support member for the hood release anyway to make room for the FMIC so I this might be a non-issue on a less-modified car.

As far as the quality, they seem very sturdy but there are minor defects in the finish; I have a bubble in the gelcoat on one of the vents, some of the edges are a little rough, the vents aren't perfectly symmetrical. I've never owned a CF hood before but I suspect these are normal for a hand-made product like this. Overall though they look really good once installed and I'm happy with how it came out.

Great to hear that. Unfortunatelly, our cars ( 95 gsx here) are 15+ old and getting cf parts to fit like stock is hard. Not a lot of people want to go that route because it's a risky investment and they prefer making parts for newer cars.

On a different note, we cant get payments from 7 people from the list. How do you suggest we go about getting a hold of these people? We tried email several times.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

slugsgomoo

Sorry Kamil, I'm one of those. I hit a bit of a snag but I hope to have the money off shortly. While you guys were building the 2nd version of the hood something came up and I had to spend my hood money. Should be in hand soon though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gvr4-330

For those who are installing the hood, I recommend drilling some drainage holes into the fiberglass under the hood.

My car is parked outside, and the hood will get rainwater in it. I drilled some drainage holes today, and a whole lake poured out.

The water, if trapped inside the hood, will heat up next time you drive the car. I'm pretty sure that's what caused the cloudiness in the finish of my last CF hood.

Rob

Is there still a hood and trunk package deal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nartanian

Do these hoods have the holes for the windshield wiper fluid?

Jay, there is a hood/trunk package deal listed back a few pages.

Nartanian, doesn't look like it in the pics but it might not be too difficult to drill through and stick those washer nozels on there.

Paid. A little bit of redemption feels great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry I took so long.

Got my hood today and so far I'm very impressed. Shipping was fast, the hood was packed well and it looks very nice leaning against the wall in the living room. I get to see it every time I walk by /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm anxious to get it on the car but am probably going to wait until I get some new aerocatch hood pins as well.

Thanks for the fast shipping and good idea for keeping the corners protected. This made my day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Terry Posten

OK, I would like to know:

Who ordered a hood from this group buy?

Did you get it?

How long did it take to get it after paying for it?

Did it fit? (And I mean really fit. Body lines lining up at the cowl, proper slope down to the front lip matching the fender lines, flat surface, etc...)

If you had issues with your order, what were they?

Thank you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned