The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Go Away People

Gvr4-330

Yup. Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow as well.

Guys Apologies for not getting the tracking numbers out to you sooner, we were having trouble getting tracking numbers from our shipper but we have all of them now. For those of you who haven't received one from us I will be emailing them tonight. If you don't receive an email from us by the morning please pm me email us, or call us at 415.350.0038 Thank You.

[email protected]

Armitage

Quoting Armitage:
Same here. They called me earlier in the week and said it'd be delivered tomorrow. Will let you all know when/if it arrives.

They called me this morning and said it hadn't arrived or something and reschedule for Monday.

Gvr4-330

Same, though they didn't call me. I had to call them. But it's scheduled for Monday now.

Armitage

My hood just arrived. I opened it up just to inspect and it appears undamaged. I won't have any pics of it on my car though because it's going to take some time to hack it up for the aerocatch pins.

Gvr4-330

Quote:
My hood just arrived. I opened it up just to inspect and it appears undamaged. I won't have any pics of it on my car though because it's going to take some time to hack it up for the aerocatch pins.

Mine just arrived as well. They'll call to set up a delivery time.

It was packaged well, and looks pretty good, though I do see one or two scratches in the finish and around the edges. For the edges, I think it's just paint rubbed off the fiberglass - no big deal. I'll take pics later. It'll also take time for me to get it cut for the aerocatch pins.

Compared to the Pre-Evo hood, it's thicker and heavier. I think it's because the pre-evo hood only replicated the bracing in fiberglass, while this hood basically did a copy of the underside in fiberglass. So the pre-evo hood is see-through (cause it's bare CF on the bottom) and this hood looks like CF bonded to a layer of fiberglass on the bottom. I hope that means this hood is sturdier. It definately feels sturdier.

Thanks guys for making this happen!

Rob

Last edited:

THEKID

so i got a tracking number it arrived in Newark NJ which is only a few minutes from me but i had to call them to schedule delivery that was last night. package delivered today got my hood only one problem. i ordered and paid for a hood and trunk. so now im waiting on a second tracking number so i can get the trunk.

Myles

I received the hood today, everything looks great.

However I opened it up while the driver was there to make sure it was in good shape and I wouldn't have to make a claim. The driver then informed me that the package wasn't insured. The packing slip also had no declared value on it. So I'm just a little confused as to what I paid $60 for.

I've also emailed since you're not on the forum all the time.

Terry Posten

^^^ Most likely "self-insured". ^^^^ A Lot of companies do it to save money.

For example - If you have a 2% loss, then replacing 1 out of every 50 units might cost you a few bucks but if everybody spent $60, then you have $3000 in your pocket to draw from.

thecman02

I sent my payment a couple days ago. I'm still waiting on a confirmation from paypal saying Kamil got the money.

Is your name "Christopher" if it is yes we received your payment. In the future please email or call us. Once your hood goes out I will send you a tracking number. Thank You /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[email protected]

Armitage

Started installing the hood today. Haven't cut for the hood pins yet though.

Rob, have you looked where you're going to put them on yours yet? Where I had them on my old hood would require me to cut a lot of the substructure on the new hood and I don't really want to do that. I was thinking of making some brackets that come out of the fenders to allow the pins to sit a little further back so I can put them somewhere that doesn't interfere with the structural layer at all.

DSC00341.sized.jpg

THEKID

raul i need my tracking number for my trunk i have emailed and pm'ed you even tried calling i got my hood but now i need my trunk the tracking number you gave me for the trunk dosent work please send me the right number thanks.

Gvr4-330

Quoting Armitage:
Started installing the hood today. Haven't cut for the hood pins yet though.

Rob, have you looked where you're going to put them on yours yet? Where I had them on my old hood would require me to cut a lot of the substructure on the new hood and I don't really want to do that. I was thinking of making some brackets that come out of the fenders to allow the pins to sit a little further back so I can put them somewhere that doesn't interfere with the structural layer at all.

DSC00341.sized.jpg

I put my hood on the car and latched it shut. I haven't looked at the pins yet but I'm sure I'm going to run into the same issues as you.

I thought I would post this here since I didn't know where else to post this. So I've been sending out pms to different members but when I go into my sent "pms" folder they are the same "pms" in my received folder? Has anyone come up on this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

[email protected]

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned