The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Blinging Battery Tray

GVR4ZUM

Quote:

For installation pics pls. check out Steve's post. web page

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

acustark

For those of you that may be considering this I found a couple more battery options.

There is a Miata replacement battery sold by AutoZone, Duralast Gold p/n 8AMU1R (AGM type? approx 5 x 7 x 6.5 @ 25 lbs) this sells for $84 and is approximately the same size as the interstate battery shown in the pics. It has a 3 yr full replacement policy and 8 yr warranty. There is also a WestCo replacement battery for the Miata which costs more and claims a 425cca vs the 330cca for the Duralast, however I contacted WestCo an was told that it was 320cca @ 0 deg. I had read several places that all the replacement batteries from WestCo and AutoZone are made by the same vendor and that pretty much confirms it. AutoZone is cheaper and easy to service under warranty. These batteries are a standard trunk install in the Miata.

While I was at AutoZone picking up my new battery I noticed that they had some tractor batteries on the floor. In fact, one with a similar look of the Interstate used with this battery tray. It measures 7.75 x 5.125 x 7.125 to top of post. AutoZone p/n U1-1 or reversed posts U1-R1. These are a bargain at $25 230cca and 1 year warranty.

number3

Note: Do not jump start a Miata battery. It is very hard on it. Trickle charge it and it will last a long, long time.

deez

that like for the install seems to be down. Anyone have a new/current link?

KGVR4

Are these still being made? If so, PM has been sent.

Do you still have these available? I'm gonna go out tomorrow and make sure I have the room with my I/C pipe setup, but wanted to find out if I could still get one made.
Thanks!

steve

Try shooting Jeremy a PM, I'm not sure how often he would be checking this thread, it is a few years old. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GVR4ZUM

Thanks Steve. Yes I still have please pm me when you're ready.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned