The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 awd 5spd talon complete part out (South PA)

dsmtalontsi95

The car is a 91 tsi awd 5 spd. Car has 130,XXX on the clock. I bought the car with 87,XXX and drove it to work everyday (35 miles one way). As far as I know the motor is completly stock. Part out will start soon. Pick up for big items please. Located at 17329.

Motor (Valve cover to oilpan) $300
3" turbo back exhaust w/cat (Thermal R&D cat back) $350
1g bov (have 3 of them) $40 each
2g Intake pipe $75
Adjustable internal wastegat $40
Ebay Evo 3 compressor cover and exhaust cover $BO
FWD 1g trans $150

It's the whole car so just ask, these are just the big things, only after market item was the exhaust.

Last edited:

citymunky

hmm, Pic's of engine and turbo. (I know you like a pick up, but if willing to ship, I can setup shipping via freight door to door.)

Edit: does engine still have balance shafts?

Last edited:

Hondasi88

damn that's a good motor price! how much for the transfer case? any issues with it?

turbojew

why the part out?

dsmtalontsi95

I’m selling the motor cheap because I never had it opened or changed the T-belt and the valve cover leaks a little bit. So I can’t guarantee the condition of it other then a compression test if one is desired. You can hear it run if you are local and want to check it out before I yank it out of there.

The reason for the part out is that I just don’t want the car anymore. I bought it for $300, the guy said it didn’t run so I brought spark plugs and a jump box when I went to look at it. Put new plugs in and started right up. It also needed a clutch so that’s another $300. Struts where tired so they where replaced and that was another $300-$400. I have a total of about 1k in the car. Then I got side swiped and received $500 for the accident. Last week something in the clutch system gave up. I have no clutch and I decided to finish the galant and part this out. I have too many projects, so it’s time to move on from the 1g.

The body is a rough. I didn’t care since it was just a DD.

I need to get the galant running so I can get this into the garage to start the part out.

turbojew

Word. good luck with finishing the galant. Im trying to get into my first.

citymunky

Quoting citymunky:
hmm, Pic's of engine and turbo. (I know you like a pick up, but if willing to ship, I can setup shipping via freight door to door.)

Edit: does engine still have balance shafts?

so willing to ship?

dsmtalontsi95

How far are you from Hondasi88? He wanted to pick up the T-case, if your close you should hook up with him.

Hondasi88

I am in Gaithersburg, MD and sometimes I visit my moms over in Springfield va /nova. we can work out something! let me know

desant78

PM sent.

dsmtalontsi95

pm's responded to.

Last edited:

dsmtalontsi95

Time to bring this back. If there is anything that you guys want or need let me know, I would rather deal with members on this site then any others.

dsmtalontsi95

Holset HX-35 7 blade compressor cover and exhaust housing

Compressor has a sligh chip on the back. Shouldn't matter but feel that I need to show it.

3" Turbo back exhaust W/cat. Thermal R&D

Black checkard seats

14b

Laser wheels

Engine and Trans

James

If you're seperating parts off the motor I'm in need of a coil pack ASAP. Give me a price speedy shipped to 34668

citymunky

I still can use a motor. I can freight shipper come pick it up.
Do you do a compression test before you pulled the motor?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned